So I bought an HTC Droid Eris...

jagr

and will be taking that worthless piece of shit back tomorrow. My 2.5 year old iPhone works better than that thing. It wouldn't even play any of my YouTube vids. And when it did the quality was worthless. The network sure wasn't any faster.

So I know I can take it back but how much shit do I have to go through to get my ATT service back up?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we ported. I just got off the phone with ATT. They said after we take it back call them and they'll set us back up with our numbers and our accounts will be as was. So all will be well I guess. Just wasted everybodys time.

yeah the aris droid is horrible it has the old operating system. The motorola driods are the shit. I had an I-phone up until the droids came out and I switched to verizon for it and I love it alot better. And the maps are right ATT's 3g sucks. Its a little fast than verizons but not nearly as much coverage

Edited by nofear_racing1
cant spell

I was waiting for you to pipe in magz. thanks for not dissapointing. :D

I hate to disappoint

from what I read about it I thought the Eris was the better

one. Oh wells.

nope, moto droid is still the flagship of the droid phones... second best is probably the nexus 1

well now that you got your answer and know what to do.

You're an iPhone fanboi and you have sexual relations with those of the same sexual organs

:lol:

So what you're saying is I can't hang with you pussies anymore???

Shame. I've been a fan of the pus for awhile.

I'll just wait another couple months for the next iPhone to come out. No biggie.

the 3gs is almost as fast as a stock droid, and about half as fast as the fastest overclocked ones. Regrettably it's very difficult to overclock the iphone due to the proprietary kernel.

yeah the aris droid is horrible it has the old operating system. The motorola driods are the shit. I had an I-phone up until the droids came out and I switched to verizon for it and I love it alot better. And the maps are right ATT's 3g sucks. Its a little fast than verizons but not nearly as much coverage

4-sure

The motorola driod is a fabulous phone, specially with all the add on's that you can use, the google maps are sick, but seriousely there is always something about the 3gs that makes me once in a while wish ATT has verisons 3g coverage, the phone looks better, reponse better " not as fast " , I am not saying that i will switch back to the Iphone tho, love swype :D

I'm ok with the HTC Hero, which is the Sprint version of the Eris (almost exactly the same) and I'm pretty happy with it. My iPhone weilding step bro was pretty impressed with it, too. He said there were a few basic things it could do that he couldn't. I messed with an iPhone for about 10 mins once, and haven't been much more frustrated than that time I wasted with it.

I'm anxiously awaiting the 2.1 OS update for the Hero. It's either that, or go root, and load a custom rom on it, and OC it.