Hot Tub Time Machine

SWing'R

I found this thread via search to avoid a duplicate thread, so apologies if this is a zombie.

I just watched hot tub time maching over the new year's weekend with the wife, and another couple. We were hung over, full of IHOP, and in the mood to do NOTHING.

So a stupid movie sounded about perfect. Except our wives never got up and went to take naps or go shopping - they actually ENJOYED the movie.

I expected it to be funny, but when it was over, I actually said, "that was surprisingly good." From a plot perspective, it IS an incredibly stupid movie, but it doesn't take itself too seriously, and I think that they had a key element that most other potty-humor comedies lack: characters.

The 3 main characters are very easy to relate to. You might not like them a whole lot at the beginning of the movie, but you come to understand why they're assholes, or whiny bitches, or doormats - and then they redeem themselves.

I might actually buy it.

i wasnt even alive in the 80s lulz

a time when you could wear popped collars and linen pants one day, a jean jacket with metal band patches all over it the next, get drunk on Moosehead and Little Kings when you had a few extra bucks, a can of Skoal was $.95 w/tax. Damn those were good times. :)

...a can of Skoal was $.95 w/tax. Damn those were good times. :)

Back in high school my friends and I would take my dad's car out on a Friday night, drive all over

doing whatever we did and I'd throw a DOLLAR maybe 2 in the tank on the way home,

that covered all the driving we did all night! Gas was around a dollar a gallon!