Insurance?

Ms. J

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol the insurance on my ninja 500 is like 130 dollars a year through progressive.

Progressive should love me! I have had house and cars with them for 3 years. We are thinking of switching everything to State Farm now, since they are so much cheaper.

Check out a guy named tito Paul out of Delaware he is the cheapest I found. He's an agent with state farm my old progressive agent looked at my coverage and payment and said he can't come close to what I have now.

Nice!! Say Ohio Riders and they will hook you up :)

it would be in your best interest...like i said i only pay $10 a month for full coverage...the more you add with state farm the more discount you get..also you don't have to take a msf class for your license because they automatically give you a discount. they expect it from new riders..so even before i took mine i got the discount. (still recommend taking the class though) ;) Good luck...

it would be in your best interest...like i said i only pay $10 a month for full coverage...the more you add with state farm the more discount you get..also you don't have to take a msf class for your license because they automatically give you a discount. they expect it from new riders..so even before i took mine i got the discount. (still recommend taking the class though) ;) Good luck...

I am already signed up for the class. Taking it in June. They were completely booked until then.

Im signed up for the advanced MSF course....hopefully that will help.....

Got my bill for insurance on both the bikes full coverage would $1800 for this year (MAX coverage +25k medical...thus why Im dropping collision. Hopefully liability will be around $600 for both bikes. Progressive.

Yea my record is crappy---8 points right now.

Nationwide wanted 8k for full coverage, Gieco wouldn't touch me, and all the State farm agents I've talked to say they wont insure JUST motorcycles.

Got my bill for insurance on both the bikes full coverage would $1800 for this year (MAX coverage +25k medical...thus why Im dropping collision. Hopefully liability will be around $600 for both bikes. Progressive.

Nationwide wanted 8k for full coverage, Gieco wouldn't touch me, and all the State farm agents I've talked to say they wont insure JUST motorcycles.

I am taking the Advanced Riders Course as well and my insurance company said I won't get another discount for it. I don't know if other insurance companies do though.

Progressive should love me! I have had house and cars with them for 3 years. We are thinking of switching everything to State Farm now, since they are so much cheaper.

Bad thing about State Farm is 1 ticket or Accident they drop you!!!! They done this to quiet a few people i know.

Damn, 8 points? Maybe a moped and a Camry?

Mace that an Accord. A Camry might get ya more speeding tickets. :p

Check out a guy named tito Paul out of Delaware he is the cheapest I found. He's an agent with state farm my old progressive agent looked at my coverage and payment and said he can't come close to what I have now.

Tito's pretty cool. He's my agent too. He owes me some drinks from when we were in Vegas but I'll let that slide for now.

Holy bajebus, I just called progressive and the guy acted like he was offended that I said his rate was too high (~$20 more than what i'm paying now for slightly less coverage).... Then I called Gieco and for the coverage that I have now (which is goooood coverage that i'm thinking about reducing), they quoted me OVER $2K for my two bikes. OMG.

I called your state farm dude but he's on vacay... hopefully he can hook me up with a good deal :)

Holy bajebus, I just called progressive and the guy acted like he was offended that I said his rate was too high (~$20 more than what i'm paying now for slightly less coverage).... Then I called Gieco and for the coverage that I have now (which is goooood coverage that i'm thinking about reducing), they quoted me OVER $2K for my two bikes. OMG.

I called your state farm dude but he's on vacay... hopefully he can hook me up with a good deal :)

its ok, gecco qouted me 7k for my bike.

I'm only paying 650 a year (Full Coverage) for the 1125R with State Farm. And I don't really have a great driving record.

Oh yeah, and I have nothing else insured with State Farm, so it'd probably be cheaper if I had other stuff through them.

Edited by alienpi

i paid $144 a year ($12 a month) for full coverage on my 02 954rr with State Farm.

I pay $300 a year for full coverage on my Warrior XV1700 with Progressive.

and i never have anything lower then 300k/500k and $500 deducible.

State Farm Ins, #1 for bike insurance!

IF you have a clean record.

State Farm originally gave me a super cheap quote on my super moto but then said they could not insure me because I have a couple speeding tickets. State Farm will cover a bike only if you are clean but if you have any violations, they wont cover you unless you insure your cars with them. I gave them a chance to quote my cars since the quote for the bike was so cheap. Turns out, they wanted almost $1,000 more per year than what I currently pay, with the exact same coverages... I looked at Geico, I think I am going thru them. Calling tomorrow