thirdgen's massive F4i rebuild thread.... pix intense!!

thirdgenlxi

Respect to the highest degree for you, sir! The results are nothing short of astonishing. It probably took about as much time to edit and post the pictures as the work itself! Thanks for doing it, though. Amazing thread, one for the ages!

Thirdgenlxi - You are my motorcycle hero! :bow: That was an awesome story to read. Thank you for sharing. I just spent about 30 mins of my morning enjoying every bit of it. Thanks for letting me in the shop with you for those 30 minutes. It was awesome! I respect and admire you for what you did to that bike. Your skills are a sight to see. Enjoy the new ride. :bow::cheers:

:plus1: I'm always envious of people who have your kind of mechanical aptitude & skills. It had to take you as long to document all this, as it did to do the actual work! ;)

Can't believe the insurance company gave you that much $$ on a bike with 175k + on the odo, & that severe of damage!! :eek:

Gonna hit 200k eeeeasy now.... But then, hey.... It IS a Honda! :D

• 3 months later...

Well guys, just figured I'd post a little update on how she's doing. Not all too much to say other than.... bike is running great!!

6cd5cc9c.jpg

Just went out and snapped this a few mins ago... logged exactly 15,316 miles since April 3rd when I got her running again after the wreck (177,428). In that time she's taken me all throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Virginia, and Maryland without even so much as a hiccup, and still going strong as ever and ridden each and every day. She did the 120 mile/day commute thing every single day (M-F) for 2 months straight without even batting an eye (errr headlight)

Only issue I've had was a couple weeks ago, I was over in Hickory, NC on my way to Best Buy, sitting at a long stop light and noticed I hadn't heard my cooling fan come on. Look down at the temp and it's at 231... 235... 239... uh oh! Quickly pull into a parking lot and discover my cooling fan blade is broken right in the center where it attaches to the motor shaft, so the motor is spinning but not the blade... arg! I just replaced this blade about a year ago for breaking in the exact same spot. I just put my old one back on for now that I fixed with some JB Weld and it's working fine for now... gotta go order another one tomorrow. That's the only thing though... everything else motor/trans related is perfect!

That's about it... 7,256 until the big 200k mark, shouldn't be too long. I think she'll make it there just fine.... :)

Great original post man! I just spent the last 45 minutes looking at it... I recently finished a project myself and know that feeling of accomplishment after a job well done! I saw one of your other posts one time and your signature...almost 200K on a SPORT BIKE?! WTF! Then I saw the Accord's mileage and about dropped a turd in my pants. That's retarded mileage. My buddies '93 accord is still truckin' at 290K and I thought that was a lot. I imagine you've HAD to have replaced some parts over the years but that is still impressive. Congrats!