Northern California - Things to Do?

OsuMj

There is all kinds of stuff to do/see/eat in SF. There's also Yosemite. Ghost town called Bodi. If you go further up north (Where I lived for 7 years) there are gold mines, Lake Tahoe, Reno, Interstate 1. In SF, there should be TONS of bands playing. (If you are into that sort of thing) There is Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 and Ghirardelli Square, The Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Union Square, Cable Cars, Chinatown, Lombard, Coit Tower, Sausalito, Cliff House, Japantown, and a bunch of other places.

:) thanks for the suggestions everyone! In addition to the SF stuff (china town, coit tower, bridges, peir 39, aquarium, some fort & park, golden gate park, science academy, history museum & lookout, cliff house, bum watching, cruise in the bay, shopping, riding the trolleys, etc) I ended up driving down rt. 1 to monterey and carmel and then driving to garrapata state park and hiking, then driving to yosemite to hike three of the waterfalls trails and mirror lake trail in yosemite valley. :)

That dainese store has some cool shit too

AWESOME store indeed.

If you've got the time hit Wine Country (Sonoma is moderately LESS stuffy than Napa). Tastings will be relatively inexpensive. Great food, and unbelievable scenery.

This time of year all the stuffy assholes are still hibernating for the winter. Calistoga & St. Helena are good alternatives to Napa as well and are in the same general area. (it's all Napa Valley, including Sonoma) should hve told me you were heading to Monterey, the condo is vacant this week and sits on the beach. 30 second walk from front door to ocean