Toys from your childhood.

chevysoldier

So what toys from your childhood will you never forget? You still have any of them?

I have some older tractors from when I was younger. They are the real die-cast metal punch a hole in the wall playing with them kind. My daughter plays with them now.

My mom came across a slinky and gave it to me the other day. It's METAL and not one of those miniature ones like they have today either. Actually its longer than any one I ever remember having as a kid. Pretty cool.

2hhd354.jpg

kew2ol.jpg

I just broke out my Star Wars and G.I. Joes for my 3 and 4 year-old. A little tear fell from my eye as Matthew attempted the machine gun noises with his lips..... "no son, use your tounge and your teeth like daddy". A glorious day indeed.

AAAAC8dcNoMAAAAAADSD4g.jpg

Not exactly what I had, but definitely the old steel ones, not these sissy-ass breakable plastic ones they have today. If I was running behind it and ran it into a wall, you could bet my finger was getting sliced. I think the only plastic on mine was the wheels.

AAAAC8dcNoMAAAAAADSD4g.jpg

Not exactly what I had, but definitely the old steel ones, not these sissy-ass breakable plastic ones they have today. If I was running behind it and ran it into a wall, you could bet my finger was getting sliced. I think the only plastic on mine was the wheels.

Yep. I had the same type. The truck, tractor and backhoe IIRC. They took a hell of a lot of abuse.

ek-toy.jpg

Hours of fun. Smash him into walls, jump imaginary Snake River Canyon (and fail). He may have 'gotten with' with the neighbor's Barbie - I cannot be held responsible for that.... :D

Yep... had him too.

Hot Wheels! And the track could also be used to whip my ass when I smarted off to my Mom. Fun for the whole family! Good times

Been there, done that, got 'corrected'. Memories... Sorry Mom! :(

p.s.: Don't chase the cat with a yardstick and eff with/poke at it (the cat) under the bed. The yardstick just might (read: will) get busted across your ass. :rulez:

Tons of Hot Wheels, my old Atari 2600, all the He-Man and GI Joe...I had one of those metal Tonka dump trucks too...man that thing was tough (and heavy if I remember right). My favorite was my Dukes of Hazzard Big Wheel trike that had the confederate flags on it and the "General Lee" written on it. It had the handbrake so you could do burnouts and slides and some Cragar SS looking wheels..it was cool as shit.

Edited by drew95gt

Hot Wheels! And the track could also be used to whip my ass when I smarted off to my Mom. Fun for the whole family! Good times

OMG WASN'T THAT THE TRUTH!!

ek-toy.jpg

Hours of fun. Smash him into walls, jump imaginary Snake River Canyon (and fail). He may have 'gotten with' with the neighbor's Barbie - I cannot be held responsible for that.... :D

Had that one and another called Team America from marvel comics. Loved those things!

Soooo many car related things

Micro Machines

These cars that came in sections that you could pull apart and make your own cars (I have no idea what they're called)

Hot Wheels

Legos

Erector Set

I know I still have my Micro Machines, but I think the rest ended up as giveaways to other family members with kids (cousins, etc)

We used to use the Lincoln Logs to make catapults and break the lights on the ceilings in grade school.

What else would you do with them, build shit? :lol:

Yeah the ceiling in my basement was full of little Lincoln Log shaped dents.

Soooo many car related things

Micro Machines

These cars that came in sections that you could pull apart and make your own cars (I have no idea what they're called)

Hot Wheels

Legos

Erector Set

I know I still have my Micro Machines, but I think the rest ended up as giveaways to other family members with kids (cousins, etc)

I loved playing with legos. Still have them in boxes in the basement.

I still have most of my toys. Anyone old enough to remeber the Weebles? And not the large ones we have today.

I still have the the Fisher-Price farm, featuring the barn the made a "mooing" sound when the door was open. Then I moved on to the fisher-Price "Adventure-People" I have the TV crew with working camera, the AJ Foyt red van, with indy car on the open trailer. I safari Jeep with a canoe on top, and helicoptor.

A bunch of GI Joe figures and vehicles, Starwars figures, Buck Rogers figures, hot wheels. Kenner vehicles featuring "SSP" (Super sonic power) These are the vehicles that required a plastic zip tie looking thing that was used to wind up the motor.

I have a Tyco slot car track that had one all black and one silver Trans-Am with working head lights. And the Lionel metal train set that had a smoke stack that used asprin size tables to make real smoke.

The only toy I do not still have is my "Rock-em Sock-em" robots. They meet their fate the same day I got my Crosman 760 power master BB gun. Same for my many 1/24 Monogram user assembled model cars.

I still have the the Fisher-Price farm, featuring the barn the made a "mooing" sound when the door was open...And the Lionel metal train set that had a smoke stack that used asprin size tables to make real smoke.

The only toy I do not still have is my "Rock-em Sock-em" robots. They meet their fate the same day I got my Crosman 760 power master BB gun.

My mother still has my Fisher Price farm, she gave it to my neices (her grandkids) and I too had a Lionel train set w/the smoke as well as some rockem sockem robots and still have a Crossman 760 10-pump hanging out in the garage, its not my original however.

Oh so many of my toys met their demise with the introduction of the "wrist-rocket". I think X-Wing Pilot Luke is still in the pine tree in back of my mom's house. The witch across the street had a metal roof and each toy had it's own sound.

Stompers +1. I bet I had three miles of miniature trails, mud bogs, and hill climbs in the back yard. My uncle got pissed everytime he come to cut the grass. lol he was an asshole anyway, he told my mom I gave him the finger when I was like 4. What 4 year old runs around giving adults the finger??????ME

That was another favorite toy, the middle finger and curse words.