Any softball players in NEO?

Bad324

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did softball world officially close? I haven't been there for two or three years, and I know their lease was set to expire in 2009(?)

my softball 'glory days' are over. I was barely good enough to be a sub on the coed team friends of mine started in college. I mean, the fact that most of our guys either played division 3 college ball, or played softball year-round in rec leagues didn't exactly help my chances, but most of the girls on our team also played college softball. I could out power them, but they definitely had a higher on-base percentage and fielded way better than me!

did softball world officially close? I haven't been there for two or three years, and I know their lease was set to expire in 2009(?)

my softball 'glory days' are over. I was barely good enough to be a sub on the coed team friends of mine started in college. I mean, the fact that most of our guys either played division 3 college ball, or played softball year-round in rec leagues didn't exactly help my chances, but most of the girls on our team also played college softball. I could out power them, but they definitely had a higher on-base percentage and fielded way better than me!

Ohio Sportspark opened last year (the new SBW). The fields were decent, but nothing else was ready, parking lot, scoreboards, clubhouse, etc.

if there is enough interest I can look into putting a team together but I hate trying because everytime I'm in charge it seems like I find people who are flaky or just dont care.

I just like to play and usually play in 2-3 leagues a year but this year 2 of my other teams have been disbanded and the last one standing is the church league which I'm one of the better players so thats not a good sign

Do eet Brian!

Let me know if you want to do this, I can ask some friends if they want to play... :)

alright let me see if I can find a league around here and I'll let you guys know

:lol: @ Matt and Kawi

especially Kawi for being a mod and letting the rampant antisemitic attitude on the ORDN board go unchecked.

it's not antisemetic, it's simply stereotyping... when someone mentions they're black we offer them fried chicken... that's not racist, it's simply historical bias.

Just like when you ride over everyone calls you a butt bandit nerdbooger