opinions?!?

restlessNR

well im trying to decide to paint my rims on the vrod black as im in the process of taking all the chrome off it im looking into the news muscle rims but that wont be for a little time yet..whats do you guys think..and should i use shake cans or try to have someone pc them...

its wayyyyy cheaper to powder coat them, plus its more durable. There is a place here in akron that qouted me $20-$25 per rim. I am all for a murdered out bike (all black) but i also LOVE the chrome on the vrod's. But whatever you decide good luck... =)

its wayyyyy cheaper to powder coat them, plus its more durable. There is a place here in akron that qouted me $20-$25 per rim. I am all for a murdered out bike (all black) but i also LOVE the chrome on the vrod's. But whatever you decide good luck... =)

who quoted you $25 a rim in akron?

Willing to bet it was these guys: http://www.thomarios.com/powder.html

Insanely awesome pricing and very good work. I have a friend that has probably had 4-6 sets of car wheels powdercoated by them

that would be them :)

Edited by hollywood3586
mispell

well im trying to decide to paint my rims on the vrod black as im in the process of taking all the chrome off it im looking into the news muscle rims but that wont be for a little time yet..whats do you guys think..and should i use shake cans or try to have someone pc them...
i want to get a set of muscle wheels also and pc them black with the red pin stripe and a 260 mets on the rear.my buddy has a muscle front on his 03 and it really lightens the front end. helps with handling in the cross winds alot compared to the boat anchors that we have.

everything on our bikes feel so fat^^ but yeah ill pry go p.c but i gotta take my tires off first there brand new haha..i have a buddy with a totally custom vrod..and i mean it really has no look of a vrod and he has the muscle rims..sticks out like no other...any one else know of some good powder coaters closer to findlay area i mean i can make the stretch to akron but its better to find one cheaplose to home

everything on our bikes feel so fat^^ but yeah ill pry go p.c but i gotta take my tires off first there brand new haha..i have a buddy with a totally custom vrod..and i mean it really has no look of a vrod and he has the muscle rims..sticks out like no other...any one else know of some good powder coaters closer to findlay area i mean i can make the stretch to akron but its better to find one cheaplose to home

PM Iceman. He has a guy up that way I believe that has done a lot of parts for him and in pictures they look really nice

this is the email i got from joe at Thomarios in akron. so you all know.

We do smaller parts such as these. The rims would be $50.00 each for a

STD color and and example price for the footrest you would be looking at

$7.00 each also for a STD color. Our lead time is generally 3-5 days

this is the email i got from joe at Thomarios in akron. so you all know.

We do smaller parts such as these. The rims would be $50.00 each for a

STD color and and example price for the footrest you would be looking at

$7.00 each also for a STD color. Our lead time is generally 3-5 days

do they have a website or a phone number so i can call them up?

that seems more then they quoted me last year. hmmm and i was asking about rims for my car, he told me $25 per rim. I have decided to PC my rims also thanks to this thread. (thanks restlessNR) But i have decided to paint my bike black keep the silver frame and PC the wheels pink. :) yeah i know sounds sweet. lol

thanks guys the info helps alot...now i just gotta get a call in to them and get this thing rollin before i get busy with other shit ha

that seems more then they quoted me last year. hmmm and i was asking about rims for my car, he told me $25 per rim. I have decided to PC my rims also thanks to this thread. (thanks restlessNR) But i have decided to paint my bike black keep the silver frame and PC the wheels pink. :) yeah i know sounds sweet. lol

haha your welcome man just doin my part :) i'd like to see it when your get it all finished

thanks guys the info helps alot...now i just gotta get a call in to them and get this thing rollin before i get busy with other shit ha

haha your welcome man just doin my part :) i'd like to see it when your get it all finished

Same to you, ill have the most girlie SV650s around, I'm excited now. Its a change from pink stars. (which iv had in mind for a while now) ;)