Tail Pack Suggestions?

JamesE

Sorry dont know if this is the right section or not, but I'm looking for a tail pack that i would be able to pack about a day's worth of supplies. Such as a change of clothes, tooth brush, small shampoo and shower gel, stuff like that. Looking to spend a lil less than $100. I ride a 97 gsxr 750, i plan on using the rear seat versus the cowl to put the pack on of course. let me know what you guys come up with. Thanks

I have thecycleguys.com Fast-Pack which fits beautifully over my solo rear seat. I can fit an an entire change of clothes plus shoes in there. Get compliments on it whereever I go, I highly recommend.

I have thecycleguys.com Fast-Pack which fits beautifully over my solo rear seat. I can fit an an entire change of clothes plus shoes in there. Get compliments on it whereever I go, I highly recommend.

+1. Folds/zips down to mebbe 1/2" tall, expands to carry 8 liters of stuff. Nearly invisible when zipped down.

$69.95 shipped from Amazon.

Check out the Tourmaster/Cortech Sport Tailbag. The sides zip to expand and it can hold a lot of stuff - if it's compactable stuff.

You can get add-on side bags, too.

Ditto. I used this bag for my trip out west last year. I crammed all kinds of crap in that bag. It worked perfect.

this is good to know as I was planning on getting this back rather soon and was hoping it wasnt too small

hm i think the cortech pack is winning so far, i like the way it looks whats the size difference and the durability difference versus the fast-pack?

the main difference for me with the fast pack and the cortech is I don't really seem myself taking a trip on the bike that I'll need more than I can fit in my backpack.

That being said I like the fast pack for its versatility of always having it there for if I'm out and randomly decide to pick up some food or something from the store and not have my backpack

hm i think the cortech pack is winning so far, i like the way it looks whats the size difference and the durability difference versus the fast-pack?

Durability? Couldn't tell you, but it (the Fastpack) seems well made. Cortech/Tourmaster stuff is always well made, too.

Size/capacity: 8 liters (Fastpack expanded), 16/18 for the Cortech (normal/expanded).

What sold me on the Fastpack was that when not in use it zips down to nearly nothing, whereas the Cortech is 8.5" tall.

Durability? Couldn't tell you, but it (the Fastpack) seems well made. Cortech/Tourmaster stuff is always well made, too.

Size/capacity: 8 liters (Fastpack expanded), 16/18 for the Cortech (normal/expanded).

What sold me on the Fastpack was that when not in use it zips down to nearly nothing, whereas the Cortech is 8.5" tall.

This, and what Bad said. If I get the hankerin' for Chipotle (as happens frequently), I have the freedom to stop and get whatever, toss it in the fastpack and go. get home, zip it back flat, and it's back to seat mode. Easy peasy to get my leg over.

the main difference for me with the fast pack and the cortech is I don't really seem myself taking a trip on the bike that I'll need more than I can fit in my backpack.

That being said I like the fast pack for its versatility of always having it there for if I'm out and randomly decide to pick up some food or something from the store and not have my backpack

i just dont think that i would ever wear a backpack if i took a little trip, it bothers me to have something like that on me while i ride, question about the fast-pack..can you actually sit on it when its zipped down? and im not sure they even make one that fits my bike. 97 gsxr 750

i just dont think that i would ever wear a backpack if i took a little trip, it bothers me to have something like that on me while i ride, question about the fast-pack..can you actually sit on it when its zipped down? and im not sure they even make one that fits my bike. 97 gsxr 750

the website says it can be used as a seat, the packaging says no. Personally, with the elastic band around the seat AND the velcro braces diagonally underneath it, I'd trust it enough to sit on it.

So I just bought a set of the coretech saddle bags today.129 at iron pony. I installed them they look good. The thing I like most about them is I can still ride with a passenger since they secure under the seat. I also grabbed a pair of frog toggs pants for my girlfriend. Got my free shirt too.