Armored Under-garments? Opinions?

RSVDon

Ok, sooo I'm thinking some knee armor at least would be nice now. 60% of my riding is not tearing down backroads so I'm always in jeans. I'm looking for good armor that fits properly underneath jeans and still protects.

Alpinestars has an armored compression short that looks pretty good, and I also stumbled onto the Bohn Armor Adventure pant that is a full length with hip, butt, and knee protection.

What do y'all use and what are your opinions on it?

My suggestion would be over pants. Look into Joe Rocket Alter Ego as a start but there are plenty of good options. They can be vented and waterproof along with armor. You can still wear your jeans and not feel like you have a diaper on.

yes. overpants FTW. i have some tourmaster ones that are pretty nice. they are hot in the winter and cool in the summer.

If I went with overpants I might as well buy a set of leather pants. I already own a set of overpants and rarely use them due to their bulk, annoyance, and general dislike. That's why I was looking for something that would just simply go under a pair of jeans and won't be too hot. Hence the armored compression shorts and pants. Maybe a little extra "diaper-like" padding wouldn't be a bad thing. Lol! At least that's what my hip is telling me right now.

The Bohn stuff looks pretty promising.

Good question. I don't know yet. But I'm willing to try Dragon Jeans Kevlar under armor gear. Although I think the knees need more than that. The jeans or leather worn over the Kevlar should have good armor pads for knee and hip. I'm always banging my knees on something. Getting tired of that. One of these days I'm going to break that kneecap and I won't be happy.

If I went with overpants I might as well buy a set of leather pants.

i wear em on the way to work, with jeans or shorts under then and then take em off when i get there. if i wore leather pants, once i got to work... id be wearing leather pants.

if you are going through all the trouble of wearing pads under jeans why not just get leathers and be done with it.

I'm going to buy a 1-piece soon. But wearing a 1-piece just to go places around town isn't ideal nor is it convenient. I'm just looking for a little more protection for my around town riding pace.