Anyone work for CSCC?

r6allstar

Any reason why it hasnt been filled, besides the obvious no candidate reason? Just wasnt sure if the job just sucked that bad that nobody wanted it or what. You work there?

I did work there like casper and redbarron.

May not be filled for many different reason.

As Red said depends on who you work for. i work in on the non-credit side and not in IT. I will see if I can get a friend that still works at CSCC to find out more about that job for you.

Sorry, I didn't see this yesterday. The job is in the Center for Teaching and Learning Innovation, part of Institutional Advancement. They maintain the on-line learning content on the web, and develop and investigate future trends in technology and learning. A pretty laid back group, but they have their deadlines.

You can imagine, we have a ton of on-line classes. They are interacted through a global campus, CougarWeb and BlackBoard interface, that students and teachers submit, display, and discuss with. This is actively used for all classes, but vital to the on-line classes. It will include announcements, discussions, chat, docs, sound, visual, a grading interface, etc. I think a lot of the job will be dealing with that on a daily basis.

They also create new webpages for posting on the website. Sometimes includes videos and sound bits. They have the gear and editing capabilities.

They maintain and support:

Blackboard

DL Calendar

Faculty Request

LD Resources

Blackboard FAQs

DL Knowledge Base

Faculty Briefing Archives

I do tech support in that area. It's some of the best gear on campus, especially the Macs. It's a small group, 12 cubicles or desks with maybe 8 full time and a bunch of part time. Maybe 20 total in the area.

You need to know that CSCC is a state job, in that your social security will be lost, and the Ohio retirement for teachers and workers takes it's place. Some people say the medical, and retirement medical is really good, but it's always changing everywhere.

Sorry, I didn't see this yesterday. The job is in the Center for Teaching and Learning Innovation, part of Institutional Advancement. They maintain the on-line learning content on the web, and develop and investigate future trends in technology and learning. A pretty laid back group, but they have their deadlines.

You can imagine, we have a ton of on-line classes. They are interacted through a global campus, CougarWeb and BlackBoard interface, that students and teachers submit, display, and discuss with. This is actively used for all classes, but vital to the on-line classes. It will include announcements, discussions, chat, docs, sound, visual, a grading interface, etc. I think a lot of the job will be dealing with that on a daily basis.

They also create new webpages for posting on the website. Sometimes includes videos and sound bits. They have the gear and editing capabilities.

They maintain and support:

Blackboard

DL Calendar

Faculty Request

LD Resources

Blackboard FAQs

DL Knowledge Base

Faculty Briefing Archives

I do tech support in that area. It's some of the best gear on campus, especially the Macs. It's a small group, 12 cubicles or desks with maybe 8 full time and a bunch of part time. Maybe 20 total in the area.

You need to know that CSCC is a state job, in that your social security will be lost, and the Ohio retirement for teachers and workers takes it's place. Some people say the medical, and retirement medical is really good, but it's always changing everywhere.

haha, our social security is lost anyway ;)

Basically the job sounds almost exactly like the job I am currently doing, only would be on a smaller scale at CSCC. Is the maintenance done through content management software? Anyone special I would be able to contact to make sure my resume is for sure looked at?

haha, our social security is lost anyway ;)

Basically the job sounds almost exactly like the job I am currently doing, only would be on a smaller scale at CSCC. Is the maintenance done through content management software? Anyone special I would be able to contact to make sure my resume is for sure looked at?

Don't know which software might be used, I can ask. Resumes run through the Human Resources first, but most all make it to the areas for review by management. My experience, if the cover letter says what you said, that the job sounds almost exactly the same, it will get an invite for an interview. I've done that.