Just closed a deal.......

modular

I have been riding the Iron now for a few days and so far, so great! Love the nice solid snick with the gear changes. The belt drive is a nice addition as well. The motor is pretty smooth and pulls very well right off idle. I really like the low end grunt. The rubber engine mounts do their job well.

Since I was looking at my shoulders with the mirrors in the stock above-the-bar locations I did the Nightster trick and mounted them under the bars. Now I see great! This I read over at HDForums. Like the addition of fuel injection. Bike handles really well and I feel very comfortable after fine tuning the cockpit.

While the bike has limited suspension travel it actually rides better than I was expecting. Never has it felt jittery or jumpy. That being said, I am going to get Progressive rear shocks and fork springs in the future.

I like the factory chrome pipes but wanted a little more sound out of them. I did some research and found that the Screaming Eagle slip-ons are much like the factory pipes with the baffles removed and not much louder. I looked at my stock pipes and about 9" up the muffler there was a plate that completely blocked the outlet and forces the exhaust through the baffle. Again, found a nice "how-to" with a lot of positive feedback on the previously mentioned website about removing the baffle. I have to say that I am very pleased with the results. A very nice tone with added sound but no where near loud, still looks factory and took all of 10 miuntes. Seat of the pants feels slightly better as well though still in the break-in period.

Anyway, just a few thoughts with a few miles on the new bike....not like anyone asked:wink:

Harley's have come a long way in a short amount of time and much of the "slow' and all the other crap is becoming so old and irrelevant now. The torque of almost every HD built today is impressive. I read all the cycle mags and the dyno numbers of every recent HD I've seen is impressive. Torque is what makes cruising so much fun.

Harley's have my respect, just make sure when you see an ugly GSXR coming your way, you will at least wave to me...lol

Be safe and wear your gear ;)

• 4 weeks later...