Neighbor is a prick!

F4iBunny

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, I have heard of it happening. Well not the sold from underneath, but they where forced to sell because the neighbor wanted them gone.

HOA liens are a bitch.

So far I've only had two issues with my neighbors, the one on my right (facing the house) had a penchant for mowing big half-circles in my lawn until I politely reminded him where the property line was. No more issue. The one on my left was harboring a fugitive boyfriend for a while, I know this from a knock on my door at 7:30AM from a guy in a tac vest with a shotgun holding a picture of the dude, then seeing 3 unmarked Crown Vic's on the street. The previous day, the dude himself was at my house trying to sell stuff he stole from her place, although I didn't connect the dots at the time. I politely reminded that neighbor that I am well armed and will not hesitate to put 2 into any dumbass that decides to try any shit at my house.

Problems solved.

No, we don't really talk to the guy. Didn't think we needed to inform him that we were putting something in OUR yard. Didn't realize he was quite that much of a prick. He mows his grass at unGodly early hours in the morning and working third shift makes that my bedtime after a 8-12 hour shift. That wouldn't be such a bad thing but he's obsessed and does it sometimes 2-3 times a week! Then he has to get out the leaf blower and clean off the mower! Then he brings out the weed whacker, then has to use the leaf blower to clean off the drive and sidewalk. He has never asked me if it was ok to keep me from sleeping.

So, for now we just rev the bikes in the garage when we come home at 2, 3 or 5am. Over the winter we don't winterize the bikes but we run them every once in a while, usually we do this when we get home from work just for fun. Oh and I always make sure to push the lock button on my keys twice to make the car honk when it locks when I get home in the middle of the night.

Awhile back when I was working 3rd I had a neighbor that would mow several times a week. It always seemed to be right when I layed down to sleep. I asked him if he would wait till later in the day and he said no it was his lawn and he could do whatever he wanted. I started mowing on my nights off at around midnight. He eventually caught me on my way into the house one morning after work. He asked why I was mowing so late. I told him its my lawn and I can do what I want with it. He gave me a funny look. I continued and said its more convenient for me to do it during my normal work hours. He said that it was bothering him and his wife while they slept. I reminded him of the time I asked him to wait till later in the day to mow and how he reacted. We both apologized and it wasn't an issue anymore. I'm glad he came over my gf at the time was getting pissed about me mowing so late.

7am is not bad. Not great, but not bad. People are, or should be, getting up for work about then.

why would i get up at 7am when i dont have to be at work until 3pm?

have one of your buddies order a pizza to his house at like 11:00 at night :p

Find someone with a demolition derby car and let them work on it at your house. Spray paint "Crack Wagon" across it or something ignorant but dont cross the line.... Have fun! :popcorn:

I don't feel sorry for anyone that lives in a HOA' date=' but won't be a man about 'rude' neighbors. Both parties involved are acting like children. Just walk over, introduce yourselves, apologize for the inconveniences you've caused and ask him if he'd be willing to discuss some grievances that you have. Then, the ball is in his court. It's officially on him if things don't get better. You won't know if he's just being a dick unless you confront him about it.

Or, you could just keep being angry, not getting sleep and pissing off the entire neighborhood with your insane 2 o'clock engine revving. I'm sure the rest of the street just fucking loves you for that shit.[/quote']

Did you live up the street from me? Lol, I did that and it worked but every sport bike coming down the road is now associated to my place. I live on a main strip to Kent State and all these squids rip up and down the road. But as you said I did that and it worked on 90% of the neighbors. One old bastard still hates me but he's learned to deal with me and I deal with him. If I can keep my retarded roommate from ridding his 400ex up the road everyone gets a long.

1. We didn't think about the warranty deed because it was only going to be out there for a few days. There are ppl here who park their boats and motorhomes on the street (on the no parking side, mind you) for several days at a time and we have never complained even when you come around the curve on the bike and have to quickly straighten up because there's a vehicle in the wrong place.

2. I didn't mention that the neighbor did not live here when these houses were built (we built ours) and doesn't know where the property line is and has put his landscaping all the way to and over the line. I have never made a fuss because it just hasn't been worth it.

3. Yes, pulling up the sloped driveway in first gear trying to fit between two cars causes some noise. This is where most of the revving comes in. Our bikes really aren't that loud. They are just lucky we don't have HD's!

4. I absolutely LOVE the mashed potatoes idea!

1. We didn't think about the warranty deed because it was only going to be out there for a few days. There are ppl here who park their boats and motorhomes on the street (on the no parking side, mind you) for several days at a time and we have never complained even when you come around the curve on the bike and have to quickly straighten up because there's a vehicle in the wrong place.

2. I didn't mention that the neighbor did not live here when these houses were built (we built ours) and doesn't know where the property line is and has put his landscaping all the way to and over the line. I have never made a fuss because it just hasn't been worth it.

3. Yes, pulling up the sloped driveway in first gear trying to fit between two cars causes some noise. This is where most of the revving comes in. Our bikes really aren't that loud. They are just lucky we don't have HD's!

I'd do the mashed potato idea to anyone. That's awesome.

If you choose to let things slide, that's your problem not his or anybody else's. He's fully within his rights to report HOA violations just as you are allowed to reclaim your property. (if you continue to ignore the property issue btw, eventually he can claim that land as his.)

Also, you're either backtracking or lying one the revving issue:

So, for now we just rev the bikes in the garage when we come home at 2, 3 or 5am. Over the winter we don't winterize the bikes but we run them every once in a while, usually we do this when we get home from work just for fun. Oh and I always make sure to push the lock button on my keys twice to make the car honk when it locks when I get home in the middle of the night.

At the end of the day, no harm was done to anybody. As petty as it was, you did break the rules. The neighbor could have handled it differently, but it is what it is.

Life's too short to hate your neighbors.

If you choose to let things slide, that's your problem not his or anybody else's. He's fully within his rights to report HOA violations just as you are allowed to reclaim your property. (if you continue to ignore the property issue btw, eventually he can claim that land as his.)

Also, you're either backtracking or lying one the revving issue:

At the end of the day, no harm was done to anybody. As petty as it was, you did break the rules. The neighbor could have handled it differently, but it is what it is.

Life's too short to hate your neighbors.

No lying. Gotta increase the revs to get the bike up the driveway. A little rev before turning it off happens sometimes too, yes, for spite, just not always. And, yes, we run the bikes during the winter, sometimes late at night/early morning. But unfortunately for them, running a vehicle is not a crime, no decibels over the legal limit.

I let the property line thing go because it wasn't worth making a fuss over 1-2 feet. Didn't think I needed to be that petty. It's not like there's a fence or anything. County records show where the line is if I want to get stupid but I'm not like that. When my parents bought their house the neighbor's fence was 12' onto their property as was the neighbor on the other side of them. The fences had been up for several years but they had to be moved once the error was realized.

No, life's not too short to hate your neighbors. But it is too short to live with neighbors like that. I can't wait to sell this house and get out of here!

Edited by F4iBunny

No lying. Gotta increase the revs to get the bike up the driveway. A little rev before turning it off happens sometimes too, yes, for spite, just not always. And, yes, we run the bikes during the winter, sometimes late at night/early morning. But unfortunately for them, running a vehicle is not a crime, no decibels over the legal limit.

I let the property line thing go because it wasn't worth making a fuss over 1-2 feet. Didn't think I needed to be that petty. It's not like there's a fence or anything. County records show where the line is if I want to get stupid but I'm not like that. When my parents bought their house the neighbor's fence was 12' onto their property as was the neighbor on the other side of them. The fences had been up for several years but they had to be moved once the error was realized.

No, life's not too short to hate your neighbors. But it is too short to live with neighbors like that. I can't wait to sell this house and get out of here!

My point is that you changed the story on the revving when you were called on it.

Being vengeful and not working out your problems with your neighbors is just immature.

No, being immature is running to tell on us instead of saying something to us. I'm being the mature one by not making him uproot his damn plants and trees. Besides, whether we rev the bikes on purpose or not, we still get home in the middle of the night. There's no changing that.

No, being immature is running to tell on us instead of saying something to us. I'm being the mature one by not making him uproot his damn plants and trees. Besides, whether we rev the bikes on purpose or not, we still get home in the middle of the night. There's no changing that.

He followed the rules outlined by the HOA, you didn't.

If he doesn't know that his landscaping is over the line, how are you doing him some sort of favor?

The hour you get home does not give you the right to disturb your neighbors, sorry.

:rolleyes: Anyway, I was venting when I made this post. Never said we were not in the wrong, just thought is was a little premature for them to jump on us like that when it had only been there a few days. Don't care who agrees or disagrees. Because we don't have a minivan or a 3 year old, and don't get our jollies out of taking care of the lawn, we really don't fit in here. We are trying to sell our house to someone who will. Edited by F4iBunny

I hate HOA's. they can be quite retarded.

I am on the board of our HOA. Yes - They can appear retarded at times. The board has the responsibility to see that all the HOA rules are followed. If you don't like them you can get the community to change them by a majority vote and or majority signature etc. If that hasn't happened it is most likely because you are not in the majority!!

For example - We do not allow storage sheds. Hardly a days passes that someone doesn't complain to me about not being able to have storage sheds. However, on 3 separate occasions the neighborhood voted it down!

When I point that out I get conspiracy theories etc.

In regards to the trailer we have the same rule. Generally we wait for about a week before we even discuss issuing a letter. That gives time for any "temporary" trailer to be removed. If it stays we take action. The HOA has to take action per the by-laws. That is their responsibility.

They may even be sympathetic. Their hands are tied. If you don't like it attend the next meeting. Get it put on a ballot and take care of it. I'm sick of whiners that whine but never want to do anything personally about it.

By the way Board members are not paid. They usually work 40 hours like everyone else. Just FYI.

The thing to boards and getting a motion to pass is to get just enough board members to agree with you BEFORE the meeting. No need to invite discussion at the meeting because some loud mouth who does not agree with you might sway the votes due to "peer" pressure for lack of better words. Make the motion, call the vote, and get out. Having the chairman of the board agree with you would be helpful.

Seldom is a problem with a property line an accident.

It's by far deliberate, and people do it all the time.

Parking on the streets? Letting one rule slide and enforcing another isn't right. Parking on the wrong side of the streets deserves certified letters sent to establish liability in case of an accident.

I keep thinking about a certain HOA I remember in Florida. The nicest bestest "never in trouble" member... was a Cuban drug dealer being watched by the Feds. Nice house though. Really really nice house. Moved suddenly before anything happened...

From LoveMyLawn.com a couple days ago:

My neighbor is so fucking ridiculous!

I've lived with the unused car parked out front for several weeks at a time. I've come to grips with the fact that they hardly ever mow the fuckin lawn. I've learned to sleep with earplugs because they insist on revving up their rice rockets in the middle of the night and honk their horns whenever they lock the car.

But today was the last straw. I guess their wannabe redneck came out. They drug a trailer out of the garage and stuck it in the yard.

That's it. I'm going to the HOA.

ROFLMAO

well put

Awhile back when I was working 3rd I had a neighbor that would mow several times a week. It always seemed to be right when I layed down to sleep. I asked him if he would wait till later in the day and he said no it was his lawn and he could do whatever he wanted. I started mowing on my nights off at around midnight. He eventually caught me on my way into the house one morning after work. He asked why I was mowing so late. I told him its my lawn and I can do what I want with it. He gave me a funny look. I continued and said its more convenient for me to do it during my normal work hours. He said that it was bothering him and his wife while they slept. I reminded him of the time I asked him to wait till later in the day to mow and how he reacted. We both apologized and it wasn't an issue anymore. I'm glad he came over my gf at the time was getting pissed about me mowing so late.

You're lucky the guy took the high road. Every suburb I've ever lived in has an 11 PM - 5 AM "noise curfew." I became intimately familiar with the City of Dayton's noise curfew in college. So he probably wasn't breaking any laws, but you probably were.