My parents are looking to rent a house in Cincy

Casper

My parents are looking to rent a house in Cincy. So far, they're looking at Loveland, Maineville, Mason, Fairfield Twp, Fairfield, Sharonville and West Chester. They don't know much about the area, nor do I. My dad has accepted a district manager position down there. Odds are, they won't be there long. They're moving from Pittsburgh. They tend to only be in one area for a year or two, so they want to rent. They'd like to find a 3 bedroom house with a garage. I figured I'd post up here and see if anybody knew of anything in particular for rent, or what areas they should/shouldn't look at. Thanks folks.

My parents are looking to rent a house in Cincy. So far, they're looking at Loveland, Maineville, Mason, Fairfield Twp, Fairfield, Sharonville and West Chester. They don't know much about the area, nor do I. My dad has accepted a district manager position down there. Odds are, they won't be there long. They're moving from Pittsburgh. They tend to only be in one area for a year or two, so they want to rent. They'd like to find a 3 bedroom house with a garage. I figured I'd post up here and see if anybody knew of anything in particular for rent, or what areas they should/shouldn't look at. Thanks folks.

where is the job located? Those are all pretty solid suburb areas. I lean towards West Chester and Loveland as I have a lot of friends in those areas and pretty familiar with them and they are similar to where I grew up and live now in Cleveland

where is the job located? Those are all pretty solid suburb areas. I lean towards West Chester and Loveland as I have a lot of friends in those areas and pretty familiar with them and they are similar to where I grew up and live now in Cleveland

The job will have him all over the Cinci area, so location for the job isn't really an issue. They're just looking for a nice area. I'll pass on your thoughts about West Chester and Loveland.

I'm not fond of Mason, certain parts are really nice but others are not. It's also a driving nightmare with all of the retail they have in the area

Fairfield and Fairfield Township are mostly a bit older from where I've been.

Sharonville is pretty similar to Mason as well

Mason and West Chester will be the most expensive out of the ones on your list. Mainville will be alittle bit more laid back and cheaper on pricing.

I don't think they're as worried about price as they are about being in a nice area. If they don't find something in the next week or so, my dad's company is putting them up in a furnished apartment temporarily until they find something. My mom says Mainville is one of the places they've been looking too.

my buddy lives in norwood. real nice place. check it out. its not so blah suburban that you die a little every day, and its not so urban that there are crackheads walking around everywhere.

a happy medium :)

my buddy lives in norwood. real nice place. check it out. its not so blah suburban that you die a little every day, and its not so urban that there are crackheads walking around everywhere.

a happy medium :)

it could be because I lived in Hyde Park for 2 years and had several friends that lived in Norwood, but I personally hate it. It's technically the first suburb of cinci but a lot (not all) is rundown and low income and high crime rate. I highly doubt thats what they are looking for

it could be because I lived in Hyde Park for 2 years and had several friends that lived in Norwood, but I personally hate it. It's technically the first suburb of cinci but a lot (not all) is rundown and low income and high crime rate. I highly doubt thats what they are looking for

This.

Before I moved to cbus a few months ago, I lived in Cincy. East sides and suburbs are good. Milford, Loveland, Batavia, etc.

hmm. the place he lived in was really nice. huge old school victorian house i cant recall him saying he ever had any problems...

although i never lived there, so you probably know better than me though lol.

hmm. the place he lived in was really nice. huge old school victorian house i cant recall him saying he ever had any problems...

although i never lived there, so you probably know better than me though lol.

I'm willing to bet he lived right over the bridge from Hyde Park or right on the border then

i think he lived on jefferson or adams or something like that? it was real close to the kroger. its been years since he lived there though...

yea thats a pretty reasonable area. I know exactly what you speak of, its basically the annex of Hyde Park which is real nice area

I've lived in West Chester for 20+ years. I like it. If your father is going to drive around the Cincy area, West Chester has quick access to i75, i71 and i275. The town has some nice parks. The shopping and restaurants in the area have improved greatly over the years. The east side of West Chester (near Mason) is older than the west side. The west side is probably considered more upper class with the area around Becket Ridge estates being the hub. It's similar to Dublin up by Columbus. The township directly north is called Liberty Township and it's very nice also with newer developments.

Maineville has a good 'up and coming' reputation. It still has a lot of open areas. All the areas you listed are nice.

Edited by newOldUser