handlebar lowering

clutchdrop87

I have a 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S that I would like to lower the totally upright riding position for a slightly more aggressive riding position. (maybe an inch or two). I looked online for some forums that might discuss this but no luck. Just wondered if anyone else has had this idea? I find that in half a but cheeck leans I feel slightly out of position with the high handlebars. I know this is mostly a touring bike but with a slightly lower position I could have a happy medium. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreaciated.:confused:

Heli bars usually attach to the top of the triple clamps like dirtbike bars, so if your stockers have a REALLY high rise, that might lower it and still keep a decent touring position. Most people use heli bars to raise their handlebars though.

The typical solution for a more aggressive position is aftermarket clip-ons, you would just have to measure the forks to get the sizing right.

Let me know what you come up with. I have a 1250s; it seems like you may have tank clearance issues if you go too low. Good luck.

i know thats a problem on vmaxes...i had to tilt mine forward a bit to get them to clear...i have literally 1/4" between my bars and tank at full lock