sideways license plate?

JamesE

So a Police Officer in Elyria or Lakewood observes you riding lawfully on their section of the highway and observes your plate to be violating their city code, (and possibly state code) they CAN stop you and cite you with either the city code

so what the fuck are you supposed to do? pull over and move your plate before you get to the city line?

personally, i think that law is just silly. i can understand they dont want it tucked all the way up under the tail where you cant even see it... but i dont see the big deal if it is rear facing and lit, what orientation it is... just another way to get some revenue from you?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what the fuck are you supposed to do? pull over and move your plate before you get to the city line?

personally, i think that law is just silly. i can understand they dont want it tucked all the way up under the tail where you cant even see it... but i dont see the big deal if it is rear facing and lit, what orientation it is... just another way to get some revenue from you?

So, upside down would be okay then?:dunno:

Yea... I'm also pretty sure he does too. :)

I wish I would've seen this thread earlier -- full of lulz. Serious business this internet is.

(going back to licking my windows now)

...and it begins. Legals arguments are over. Commence the festivities.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

"window licking town of elyria"

i cant stop laughing..:D

You obviously don't know anything about the law and it's interpretation. Ya see dumbass, I dont live in the window licking town of Elyria so I'm not governed by their display laws while riding thru. Does that make sense to you or should I get some flash cards?

335.10 LICENSE PLATES TO BE UNOBSTRUCTED.

No person shall operate a motor vehicle, upon which license plates are required by law to be displayed, unless the license plates legally registered and issued for such vehicle shall be fastened in such a manner, and not covered, obscured or concealed by any part or accessory of such vehicle or by any foreign substance or material, to be readable in its entirety from left to right.

Here you go smart ass: Elyria Ohio Ordinance

I don't have my books with me at home, but there may or may not be a state code for this offense, but most municipalities have this same Ordinance.

If the cop is laying down, this is not an issue.