considering my next move....

cmoosego

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thinking about trading in the katana (once fixed) for a 2010 1200 sportster "48" model..... discuss...:)

Dont be a retard. Keep the Kat and continue to learn on it. It'll be easier/cheaper to fix than a newer bike. Once you've mastered the sportbike riding position/style then move up to a nicer/newer sportbike

I just really dig the looks of the "48", kinda want one because I wanna have a bunch of harley shirts...:lol: which is still better then affliction shirts...

Have you ever ridden a sporty for more than a couple miles? You wont be happy

actually I spent some time on a 1200 last year at the demo day up at farrows... on that and a couple buells...

How much time? 10 miles? Seriously bro, the sporty is not gonna be comfortable especially after being used to your cruiser. If you wanna get a cruiser go for it but why have 2 when you can have a cruiser and a sportbike? If you are stuck on getting a Hardly Ableson, DONT get a sporty.

How much time? 10 miles? Seriously bro, the sporty is not gonna be comfortable especially after being used to your cruiser. If you wanna get a cruiser go for it but why have 2 when you can have a cruiser and a sportbike? If you are stuck on getting a Hardly Ableson, DONT get a sporty.

I know but it is in the affordable range... I truly want a road glide as my end game... I gotta pay off the c-50 so I can do something with it... I need a more powerful cruiser under me... and you are right I do need to give the kat a chance... she only bucked me once and mostly it were my fault... but I still dig the looks of that "48"

Okay, I'll say it. The 48 is ghey. The sporty is a WOMAN's bike. You'd look like an elephant fucking a football on that thing. Keep the Kat. Save you're money. Learn how to ride it and move up.

you truly want me to move up to a busa dont'cha? :cool:

Don't do it Moose! I say keep the tuna or get something a little more sporty (not in the Harley sense). The SV would be great.

I have been on a few Katanas, and they are ok bikes, but I woudn't want to judge sportbikes from those rides. Get sumpin that handles good.

I need a more powerful cruiser under me...

i believe iron pony did/or is taking a trade on an 01 vmax, that carbon fiber one sitting back there in service

or pay off c-50 and step up to the second gen! ...thats my plan after i graduate in 2 years, try to get a 09+ so i can park my 97 and retire it...never going to sell it

Why not go something more sport touring type like an FZ6? Maybe a standard like a naked SV650 or a 599? Lots of cool bikes out there that won't lay ya over the tank like a supersport. I agree with the other guys, I wouldn't go with another cruiser since you already have a C-50.

i believe iron pony did/or is taking a trade on an 01 vmax, that carbon fiber one sitting back there in service

or pay off c-50 and step up to the second gen! ...thats my plan after i graduate in 2 years, try to get a 09+ so i can park my 97 and retire it...never going to sell it

yeah did you see what they have on it? 4500 I am so close I can taste it...:D