Armed man arrested at NC airport as Obama departs

Cdubyah

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_nc_airport_arrest#mwpphu-container

Armed man arrested at NC airport as Obama departs

ASHEVILLE, N.C. – An armed man spotted at a North Carolina airport parking lot just after Air Force One departed Sunday told an officer he wanted to see the president and had a car equipped with police gear, including a siren and flashing lights, authorities said.

Joseph Sean McVey, 23, of Coshocton, Ohio, is charged with going armed in terror of the public, a misdemeanor, said Asheville Regional Airport Police Capt. Kevan Smith.

He was three years younger than I in High school...

Discuss

i love it when our small town makes the news....... :nono:

but really i always thougt someone was gonna like try to take the presidents life. i know thats a sad thought but its just the day and age we live in....... but i never thought it would te some one from coshocton.

Exactly what I was thinking. Any relation? :dunno:

Timothy McVeigh.... Sean McVey, no relation.

News vans rolled into the court square today around 10:30.

YAY!!! Be on the lookout for rotund women, with several children, no teeth, and a bright "going out" colored mumu.

Reading MSN's version, it sounds like it really was no big deal.... hence the potential minor violation. Picture yourself hearing that Air Force One was taking off from an airport near where you happen to be. You pull in a lot to watch. Some black-suit dudes ask what you're doing. You say "I wanted to see the president" in a "hey I wanted to see the president's plane take off or maybe catch a glimpse of this kinda-famous cat" way. You happen to have a piece because you have a CCW permit (according to news, he did) and some police shit in the car because you're a serious wannabe cop (again, MSN said this was the case). That could have been many of us.... again I'm writing based on MSN's article. Who knows, it could come back that this guy is Al Qeida in Coshocton's lead terrorist.

P.S..... can't get spellcheck to work on this computer, so forgive the errors.

Timothy McVeigh.... Sean McVey, no relation.

News vans rolled into the court square today around 10:30.

YAY!!! Be on the lookout for rotund women, with several children, no teeth, and a bright "going out" colored mumu.

Oh, I never realized how the names were spelled.

Being armed and wanting to meet Obama is legal and normal?

Fixed. ;)

And sure why not. He has bullet proof suits.