Zongshen Hyosung?

badazzbuckeye

I was just curious if anyone had any experience dealing with one of these bikes. My nephew is looking into getting one. He don't know if he wants a no name bike that is new, or a Ninja 250 that is used. Either way, he might be able to go a long ways with little work, or have to do major repairs in the next month or two. This is just my opinion seeing that I don't know anything about the Hyosung.:dunno:

here's my take on the Hyosungs I see used:

I find, say, an '05 with 3,000 miles on it. I will only pay HALF of what a comparable ninja 250 would cost me.

I honestly think the build quality is more suspect than the parts quality, but that can create a lot of headaches.

That said, properly gone over, I've seen a Hyosung 650 win races. the team had gone all out (shit like using titanium bolts to save weight), and basically completely disassembled and reassembled the bike though.

hyosungs are better than going to 2nd base.

with an elephant seal.

actually, i've never ridden one. i sat on one once, and said, "i'd feel about as comfortable riding this as i would if i had built it with my own 1.5 hands".

Thanks guys for the responses, I think that he has decided to go with the used NInja. Just for the simple fact that everyone said that they would not work on it.

FWIW I've worked on and rode one.

I have no complaints on either side. It was easy to work on and felt decent to ride.

However, I didn't have to order any parts so I don't know what the parts availability would be.

As a matter of opinion I don't think it was engineered extremely well and the plastic felt cheap as did some of the hardware.

I have a 250 for sale if you are interested.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=56883

I thought that you had sold that bike. There I go thinking again. He actually decided to go ahead and buy the Zongshen. The bill of sale said $1100 for it, but $573 for assembly and title. That is very cheap for a new bike. But I am looking for a bike if you know anybody that is wanting to do some trading for an 88 Chevy 1500. It has to be at least a 900, as I have a larger frame to my body.