LCD monitor problem...repair or replace?

SWing'R

I did not mean to look at the card for the dead monitor. I ment for the new one.

For example you average 20" monitor runs at 1680X1050. Some "value" card and or older video cards will not push that resolution causing the monitor to run in compatibility mode, which looks like shit.

Gotcha. Thats just another reason for me to stay at the less expensive

end of the spectrum, cause my pc is getting up there in age too!

I'm running 1280x1024 on the 17" now.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new monitor today. Acer G185H (18.5" WS), $99 @ BestBuy.

I like the wider monitor but am missing the 1.5" in height I lost by going wider.

My old 17 was 1.5" taller. Guess I'll get used to it. Thought about going 20 but was hard to pass the $99 deal.

Got a new monitor today. Acer G185H (18.5" WS)' date=' $99 @ BestBuy.

I like the wider monitor but am missing the 1.5" in height I lost by going wider.

My old 17 was 1.5" taller. Guess I'll get used to it. Thought about going 20 but was hard to pass the $99 deal.[/quote']

That was the point I was trying to make about needing bigger when going widescreen.

That was the point I was trying to make about needing bigger when going widescreen.

Its ok, couldn't pass up 99bucks right now, I just set my bottom toolbar to autohide and stuff like that to give me a bit more screen height.