Thoughts on Arizona immigration law?

4DAIVI PAI2K5

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you wanna talk about the effects of uncontrolled immigration?

ask a native american.

There are no native americans, everyone on this continent immigrated here, including the tribes of brown skinned folks who got here first.

They also dabbled in genocide, slavery, and warfare against each other, so we didn't invent that either.

Well, I seem to be in the minority here, but I'll throw in my two cents anyway.

First of all, I'm completely against it. I think that any time you make it legal to discriminate it's a bad idea. The whole purpose of this law is that if someone 'looks' like their here illegally then they can be questioned. It's just legalizing harassment.

Second, just because you're not part of the group doesn't mean that you shouldn't care about whether or not it's violating their rights as a person. If you don't stand up for them, who's going to stand up for you if you ever need support.

First they came for the Communists,

and I didn’t speak up,

because I wasn’t a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,

and I didn’t speak up,

because I wasn’t a Jew.

Then they came for the Catholics,

and I didn’t speak up,

because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me,

and by that time there was no one

left to speak up for me.

-Martin Niemoller (1945)

Well, I seem to be in the minority here, but I'll throw in my two cents anyway.

First of all, I'm completely against it. I think that any time you make it legal to discriminate it's a bad idea. The whole purpose of this law is that if someone 'looks' like their here illegally then they can be questioned. It's just legalizing harassment.

Second, just because you're not part of the group doesn't mean that you shouldn't care about whether or not it's violating their rights as a person. If you don't stand up for them, who's going to stand up for you if you ever need support.

First they came for the Communists,

and I didn’t speak up,

because I wasn’t a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,

and I didn’t speak up,

because I wasn’t a Jew.

Then they came for the Catholics,

and I didn’t speak up,

because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me,

and by that time there was no one

left to speak up for me.

-Martin Niemoller (1945)

Godwin's law. You lose.

For Shitty:

Homeland-Security-Sticker-%285094%29.jpg

Good poster, especially considering the specific Apache pictured in it had displaced tribes throughout their existence. It's ok if you conquer and steal lands, driving the inhabitants off, providing you're not a honkey. Most Apache tribes also practiced raiding as a regular way of life - you know, banding together, going to someone else's place, and stealing all the shit you could lay your hands on.

Guess if you hang a dreamcatcher on your camaro rear-view, you're more in touch with the earth and shit.

well americans have it better than at least 70% of the world so why dont we just let those 3 billion people come on over.

I'm with you, more hardworking people are a good thing, no matter their color. I'm pro immigration.

Let's just make sure they're not hopping a fence and immigrate legally.

When you start your existence in a new country by usurping its laws, and jumping ahead of the hardworking people who do it the right way, you're not really much of an American, are you?

Fear mongers

"Give us your poor, your weak.....you're undocumented, your criminal, your opportunists, your anchor babies, your unassimilated, your drug dealers, your MS13 gang members...." :nono:

I don't recall that many groups of immigrants, even the Irish who were considered dogs and lower than low, just showed up without papers and waded ashore.

Why even have borders, if you don't respect them, enforce them, or only choose to enforce immigration against some people?

Come to think of it, why don't we enforce our borders like Mexico does to its southern border? Try to cross there illegally, and see what happens.

Guess those Mexicans are xenophobes, fear mongers, or some shit.

Guess if you hang a dreamcatcher on your camaro rear-view, you're more in touch with the earth and shit.

So THAT's what I've been doing wrong, looks like I have to keep the Camaro now and hang a dreamcatcher.....

I'm with you, more hardworking people are a good thing, no matter their color. I'm pro immigration.

Let's just make sure they're not hopping a fence and immigrate legally.

When you start your existence in a new country by usurping its laws, and jumping ahead of the hardworking people who do it the right way, you're not really much of an American, are you?

Exactly. Come through the "front door" not break into the basement in the dark of night.

wrong, we hit GW's law way back when Chevy suggested armbands

Armbands aren't good enough. We gotta ink 'em!

Why not just fire up the branding iron? :lol:

I've seen so many of them here, and I'm SURE that a larger percentage are not here legally.

So THAT's what I've been doing wrong, looks like I have to keep the Camaro now and hang a dreamcatcher.....

Exactly. Come through the "front door" not break into the basement in the dark of night.

such a prude.

papers senor

Fixt.

Of course, if we hadn't been so lax and utterly asleep at the wheel concerning illegal immigration, this drastic measure wouldn't have come to pass.

Guess there's two groups to blame:

Federal government, derelict in its protection of our borders.

Illegals who screw it up for honest Americans.

Or, we can just continue to blame whitey. That seems to work too.

seems easy enough right?

sure does, I can't think of any time that didn't work out to the general well being of the country.

Here's the main issue all you kneejerk retards can't seem to get... lots of folks aren't arguing the rights of illegals... they're arguing the rights of CITIZENS that happen to look foreign.

Good poster, especially considering the specific Apache pictured in it had displaced tribes throughout their existence. It's ok if you conquer and steal lands, driving the inhabitants off, providing you're not a honkey. Most Apache tribes also practiced raiding as a regular way of life - you know, banding together, going to someone else's place, and stealing all the shit you could lay your hands on.

Soooo...Some Indian-on-Indian tribal warfare in the American southwest is clearly reason to accept attempted racial extermination (was called genocide when Adolph had a go at it) --spanning two continents. But where does that leave the issue of illegals?

Well if they want to be here so badly, why can't they just play by the damn rules? This pic was taken about 2 years ago in San Rafael, California. All of those people on the sidewalk were Mexican (yes I'm assuming) day laborers. It looked fn ghetto. This was one of many streets that looked like this. People were laying and standing around all over the place just waiting for somebody to roll up and offer them work for the day. How attractive. I don't want to see streets in my town lined with people lounging around and waiting for work to fall in their laps. Go out and get a job at McDonald's or something...oh wait, they can't, because they're not legal.