Speed Triple VS Super Duke VS Z1000

Monstrosity

I'm on the fence with what I want my next bike to be. I miss my Speed Triple (05) terribly. Out of all the bikes I had it suited my needs perfect. I could ride like a hooligan, comute, ride 2up, and minus a GSXR1000 on the highway I could keep up. I'm debating on a leftover 07 Super Duke, but for the same money the Z1000 seems very cool... Any thoughts? I've only rode one of the three.

I've ridden a superduke 990 a a speed triple back to back. Super duke hands down. The 1050 motor in the speed triple is awesome but belongs in a super bike IMHO. It's very smooth in every way and that is very nice. But for a hooligan street bike I like some kick. The superduke has that kick that makes you want to act like an idiot every time you sit on it. Since I've demoed it I think it is one of my favorite bikes. Aside from that I am 6'3" tall and the speed triple feels very small. The duke is taller.

Go with the Z1000, I just love the Z bikes... However if the leftover Super Duke is the same $$$ then I see the difficulty in your decision. I would test ride them and see how each stacks up against your old Speed Triple then decide from there. Good Luck with whatever you choose, they are all sweet bikes.

for hooligan fun you can't beat a twin. If I didn't already have an air cooled ducati monster which I love a superduke 990 or a tuono would be a serious consideration. Besides on a naked bike what good is top end anyway. At 140mph (indicated) I feel like I'm about to be ripped right off of my monster by nature herself.

Duke - Hooligan vtwin

Z - Looks gorgeous, can be hooligan, but not as much personality as the Duke

Of the two, I'd probably opt for the Zed1k because they catch my eye WAY more than a SuperDuke, and I have a feeling they're much easier/cheaper to take care of being a Japanese bike.

You might want to check insurance rates on both of them too before buying... that might sway your decision if there's a large difference each YEAR that you'd have to pay on one vs. the other.