Buckeye Cafe on Olentangy...GONE

SWing'R

WTH happened to the Buckeye Cafe on Olentangy between King and 5th,

its gone, literally, I just drove by it and its in the process of being torn down.

Are they rebuilding or did they go out of business?

Yes. There will be more. I've noticed several places out East are now gone. Small businesses that haven't survived. The economy has finally caught up with them. Tax structure for small business will not allow more than about 2 years of losses, or averaging of the last five years. Either way, no profit, no business.

Even my local post office is closing...

Last I heard/read in the Dispatch they were looking for a new location, maybe in Grandview if I remember.

When it was the Jai Alai, the dining room (in the basement) was the largest in the world. Famous for their salt rolls and prime rib. Woody Hayes always took the team there for dinner after home football games.

It was kinda sad to see it made into the personality-less place that was the Buckeye H.O.F. Cafe. Won't miss it one bit.

There are plans for a new one in the Goodale area in Grandview I believe. There might be new condos or something ike that where it once stood. The Cafe has been out of that location for the better part of a half year, and already had an auction there for the memorabilia.

I just remember the "million dollar game room" which was a million dollars 10 years ago but more recently it was a bunch of broken down games on old style non HD rear projection TVs. Interesting to see something so state of the art age.