Need 2nd bike suggestions/opinions

Bad324

I am probably jinxing myself but it sounds like I should have my Camaro sold next weekend so the contemplation of a 2nd bike will start. I would be looking for something more comfortable than my 600RR but still "sporty looking" with decent gas mileage as the RR only gets 30mpg. I'm not really sure I want to go the cruiser route just yet. Looking to stay Fuel Injected and would like a V-twin if possible. Price range is bike dependent but wanting to keep it under 7k and slightly used with low mileage but more than likely not new

I have come up with this list and would like your opinions, pros/cons, or any advice you may have. Additions to the list are welcome!

*Ducati Monster

*Aprilia Tuono

*Suzuki SV650 or SV1000. I prefer the S versions but not sure if anything is different opposed to the regular version other than fairings. Also, REALLY want one of the copper colored ones

*Honda VFR800

Edited by Bad324

Sure, I'm a little biased... Yamaha FZ6. Fuel Injected, Claimed 98 horsepower, upright ergos, absolutely screams at 8K RPM.

Average between 40 and 53 MPG depending on how I'm riding.

Edited by C-bus
MPG add

Price range? The svs has clip-ons and the naked has handle bars. They no longer make the 1000 and I think they may have stopped making the naked 650 and replaced it with the gladious(sp) Speedtriple or street triple are also nice comfy bikes. and the triple is a great street motor. You could buy mine LOL!

Price range? The svs has clip-ons and the naked has handle bars. They no longer make the 1000 and I think they may have stopped making the naked 650 and replaced it with the gladious(sp) Speedtriple or street triple are also nice comfy bikes. and the triple is a great street motor. You could buy mine LOL!

+1 on the Street Triple... the only bike that has made me wonder if maybe I should have instead.

Edited by C-bus

Sure, I'm a little biased... Yamaha FZ6. Fuel Injected, Claimed 98 horsepower, upright ergos, absolutely screams at 8K RPM.

I don't think I've seen one in person but from pictures aesthetically they aren't high on my list

I updated first post to include price range. From the SV to SVs, is the riding position the same? My basic concern is that of comfort because I take too many rides that I hate doing with my 600RR

I did a demo last year on the street triple r at ohio motorcyle in oakwood and fell in love it is as quick as my speedtriple but handles way better due to it being lighter. I wiuld pick the street over the speed if I were looking new. the streettriple r has all the goodies on it also.

Supermotard!

the thought crossed my mind but I would kill myself :o

Here ya go when we gonna go get it LOL! http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/1715054231.html

I saw that earlier today and its literally right down the street from me but if I get a SV I'll probably hold out for a copper colored one. Its about as close to my favorite color as it gets

I'm kinda broken record but VFR800 - 5th gen. The bike is sporty without being a rack. With minor suspension upgrades and a good rider, will hold its own against the RR bikes in the twists. Wont wear you out on a 400 mile day. No problem doing a multi-state trip as a week on the road. Wide power band vs 600s. Very flexible engine with a good hit on top. Amazing V4 sound. Gear driven cams, so no screwing with a timing chain. Simplier valve adjustment vs the 6th gen. Bullet proof engine. A bit unique, not that many around.

Picture25.jpg

Edited by mello dude

Ducati monster! They are a freaking blast!

Dubguy has owned every bike ever made so his opinion counts x2

I rode the zx-10 to work today, came home put it away and took out the buell. I am having fun with this bike. Udell is haveing fun with his too

Of the bikes you listed, I'd go w/ the Monster (1k or S4R model). These bikes look sweet and are quick and nimble, while being pretty comfortable. I had a Duc 00 750 SuperSport and loved it. They are air cooled, which makes them bulletproof...I would know. The 696 may be a little too tame for you from the RR, so the 1k would be better, IMHO. You can pick up one that is a few years old for around your price range and more-than-likely nicely modded as Ducati guys like to put some personal touches to them (Termis, carbon, rearsets, etc.) Plus, everyone loves Ducatis!