shit!

magley64

lolz i think its just wet...

I thought it was because he was a Honda-guy and I know how a few of them "roll" :supergay:

:D

Sucks on your tire though, dude. Good thing you don't have one of them bikes that has to take turns and stuff. I'd be second guessing a tire that had a plug if I was actually leaning on it.

Yeah' date=' don't plug it. Take the wheel off, take the tire off, install a cumbersome patch, reinstall the tire, balance the wheel, reinstall the wheel. No sense plugging the tire because I heard about some other guy that plugged his new tire and then rode on it until it had cords showing!! Can you believe that? I think that had to of been some kind of miracle, because I've always heard that the rubber cement used for plugging isn't as strong as the rubber cement used for patching. Wait... what?[/quote']

I just dont like plugs in my tires, to much like a Tampax. :)

:nono: Cant believe so many of you are saying repair it. I dont care if you've only got 10 miles on it, replace with NEW!!!

Yea - Duane, just draw a Chance card, maybe you'll end up with "Bank error in your favor - collect $200"

mr-moneybags-300x214.jpg

yeah, don't have money for a new tire, and if I did, it would be a new front tire (it's got about 12k on it now)

I'm planning on buying a tire patch and doing it myself (more contact area than a plug), hopefully that little bit of rubber won't phuck up the balance too bad, i think i can get to it without moving the rim in relation to the tire.

what's the worst case scenario with a rope plug?

Oh, that's right the tire starts to leak air. Not a catastrophic failure.

one can cause the other in this case zach. I do a lot of commuting, and straight runs with my bike. If the plug were to fail, and my tire started to lose air during one of my longer runs, the low pressure could cause the tire to flex more and more. I might notice, I might not, the increased heat could then potentially cause a blowout.

one can cause the other in this case zach. I do a lot of commuting, and straight runs with my bike. If the plug were to fail, and my tire started to lose air during one of my longer runs, the low pressure could cause the tire to flex more and more. I might notice, I might not, the increased heat could then potentially cause a blowout.

you would notice the loss of air LONG before a blowout.

hell, when have you ever heard of a moto tire blowing out? stunters run around all over town at like 15psi and they don't seem to have any problems.

but whatever, your time and labor and your bike. I'd do the 3 minute job first before messing with tearing the bike apart, but that's me. :D

*waves hand" I've had catastrophic failure. One front and one rear. I never ever want to have a front one blow out again. Stayed upright on both, but the front one had me all over a 5 lane road.

And I had the sideways nail on a new (600 mile) Dunlop last year. Sideways cause I ran over the nails in a turn. It jumped sideways with both tires, like hitting invisible tar snakes. No fixing that. Somebody should mount it and burn it off for fun.

I never ever want to have a front one blow out again. Stayed upright on both, but the front one had me all over a 5 lane road.

:plus1:

Just got back on the bike 2 days ago--for the first time since Nov. (knee injury/recovery from surgury)...Not even 20 new miles on the odo and got a flat front. Not catastrophic, but went fast and was almost very bad--could not steer for shit--felt like riding through 8" deep of hot tar. Tire will most def'ly be replaced. $150 seems cheap to me compared what things could cost.

duane, if you want a cheap front, i have a Pirelli corsa III front with lots of meat (like, probably 90% tread in the middle and not much less on the sides). you can have it for like $30 or something. i was keeping it just in case of a nail or something similar, but I've been looking to switch over to my michelins.

let me know if you're interested.

:plus1:

Just got back on the bike 2 days ago--for the first time since Nov. (knee injury/recovery from surgury)...Not even 20 new miles on the odo and got a flat front. Not catastrophic, but went fast and was almost very bad--could not steer for shit--felt like riding through 8" deep of hot tar. Tire will most def'ly be replaced. $150 seems cheap to me compared what things could cost.

had a valve stem break...Couldn't figure out why i had NO response from the bars, when i would push, all i got was a TON of head shake, no steering.realized it was the front tire, not fun, but not catastrophic.

duane, if you want a cheap front, i have a Pirelli corsa III front with lots of meat (like, probably 90% tread in the middle and not much less on the sides). you can have it for like $30 or something. i was keeping it just in case of a nail or something similar, but I've been looking to switch over to my michelins.

let me know if you're interested.

appreciate the offer, but I'm just gonna get a new one in 2 weeks.

I can appreciate that.
I figured if I worded it properly you would :D
:nono: Cant believe so many of you are saying repair it. I dont care if you've only got 10 miles on it' date=' replace with NEW!!![/quote']

Not all of us are loaded like you mack daddy.:(