To VFR or not?

mattm

I currently have a 2004 CBR 600RR and am considering a 2007 to 2009 VFR. I haven't ridden the viffer but have heard good things and the current deals look pretty good. I would love to find an 07 in the red white and blue paint. The reason for the change would be for more comfort on some longer rides that I would like to take. I love the handling of the 600 and don't want to give up too much but would appreciate the additional comfort. Before anybody asks I cannot keep both or that is exactly what I would do.

Anybody have some feedback on the handling comparison of these two bikes?

My current bike.. before I took a couple of stickers off...

Edited by mattm

the feedback I have is get the VFR....I love my 600rr but also want more comfort for longer rides, fortunately I just sold my car so a 2nd bike is an option and the VFR is at the top of the list.

here's one I have been keeping an eye on:

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/1695796978.html

^^^^ Yup VFRs are so terrible.. I cant stand them pieces of crap so much that I've owned one for the last ten years +.

I'm more of a 5th gen viffer guy instead of a 6th gen. But really either bike is sporty without being a rack. With minor suspension upgrades and a good rider, will hold its own against the RR bikes in the twists. Wont wear you out on a 400 mile day. No problem doing a multi-state trip as a week on the road. Wide power band vs 600s. Very flexible engine with a good hit on top. Amazing V4 sound. Bullet proof engine. A bit unique, not that many around.

Good luck dude -btw nice 600.

I hate mine....... I hate that I don't have enough time to ride it more. My story is a lot like yours. I had the RC and really enjoyed riding it but I could never do any trips or really long days in the saddle on it due to lack of comfort. The VFR is all day plush but has I would say 80% of the handling and power of the RC. Yes I did give SOME performance but what I picked up in practicality is more that a fair trade off to me. I actually enjoy riding my VFR more than I ever did the RC plus my wife will ride on the back with me again. Power is more twin than four like. Like Mello said above me I also prefer the earlier 5th gen bikes. Gear drive just sounds awesome and no high maintenance costs like the later V-Tech models. Charging system issues are common though but the fixes are easy.

I love mine. Absolutely amazing. Sporty feel with a little more comfort. And can still hold it's own on the open road....though track day is a different story...(from what I've been told)

You may be able to find some leftovers in the $7500 price range. Dont over pay.

Any recommendation on a dealer? It appears as though Honda East only has the 2009 model but I think I really want a 2007 RWB. Hinderer says that they can get me one. Is it possible that a dealer can get one from Honda still in the crate? Will keep calling around and see what I can find.

^^^

I would start here at the ebay

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Motorcycles-/6024/i.html?Make=Honda&_dmpt=US_motorcycles&_mqf=0&_qfkw=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m273&_myi=2007&_fpos=45459&_lsbx=0&_fspt=0&_flso=0&Model=Interceptor

Then sign up and give a head up that you are looking at VFRD.com

Good luck, it may take a little bit of time and even be out of state.

Edited by mello dude

Sills honda in brookpark has a left over 06 vfr in slate grey brand new never titled. But they will not come down much on the price, why it is still there. they are saying like 9k out the door. I offered 7500 plus tax and they said no?

Tell em they're smoking something fine......:eek:

Any recommendation on a dealer? It appears as though Honda East only has the 2009 model but I think I really want a 2007 RWB. Hinderer says that they can get me one. Is it possible that a dealer can get one from Honda still in the crate? Will keep calling around and see what I can find.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/1695796978.html

Great looking bike and a super nice tail bag to boot. That bike has been available for a while so it may be worth hitting him with a lowball offer if you like it and see what he responds with.

I wish I dug the r/w/b look otherwise I would be all over it myself :D

new leftover 2007 VFR800 Anniversary (RWB) to be picked up on Wednesday or Thursday. Waiting to hear from the dealer.

See my ad for a great deal on a 2004 CBR600RR> Buy before I have to trade it in...

I can also recommend that nobody deal with the sales manager Matt Harbaugh at Hinderer powersports. I will post more details once I get the bike. In the interim, everyone should remember that this guy is a total dickhead. The finance and sales guy understand what I am saying. Full details available once I get the bike in my grubby little hands...

Edited by mattm

• 2 weeks later...