NESBA @ Beaverun June 12-13

TSB67

Really... I'm surprised you never seen us.. we had a large group there Friday for practice and then more for the races on Sat.

I knew you guys were there, I just didn't see your ride-through.

If you want to try it out..

I appreciate the offer, but I don't really want to get involved in anything that takes more money or time right now. Just curious what a "mini" with actual roadrace geometry feels like.

Gotta start hittin the gym so I don't get fatigued so easily and plan for my next day with nesba.

I say that everytime man. Especially Saturday, the heat and new group pace was killing me. Glad your first day was a good one...

Awesome weekend. essentially perfect weather, and lots of fast riding.

Alan would have been the only one there to see it, but I managed to nearly kill myself Sunday afternoon.

I was riding really well, and chasing some guys who are around the same pace as me. They were approaching slower traffic coming up on turn 1, and I thought, "fuck this - i'm getting by all of them on the brakes."

I still think I could have made it, but I grabbed waaaaay too much brake and lifted the rear wheel at about 140mph. I had the presence of mind to ease up on the lever and set the rear down, but I went straight off turn 1 at god knows what speed. I rode it out in the grass and got back on the track between turns 2 and 3, after the corner worker radioed to the track marshal and made sure no one was going to ass-pack me...

Other than that "oh-shit" moment, I had a great weekend :)

Brian - there are some good pics of you on www.thesbimage.com in the 'highlights' album. Alan - it was nice meeting you. I'm sorry I never got down to talk and hang out a little more. I was exhausted, and spent a lot of Sunday packing up my tent, etc. between sessions.

we'll have to coordinate more OR trackdays. The more members we have going to the track, the more opportunities for ride-sharing, planning group meals, etc.

No biggie Chris. It was nice meeting u and to at least "know" someone there. I know what u mean about turn one after the front straight. I had the same but pucker moment getting on the front brake when it crests and the back tire lifting up. Scary shit but half the reason I do this is for the excitement.

I hink it would be great to get more group track days together as it seems to be becomin more popular. I am planning on doing mid Ohio next month and putnam with Nesba in august so far.

I might see you at Putnam in August. I mentioned to the directors that they're killing me by always scheduling Putnam the same weekends as BeaveRun. Those are basically the only two tracks I'm riding (with NESBA) this season, so I constantly have to choose.

a variety of tracks is HUGELY helpful in improving your riding, so I almost don't have a choice for August.

Might also try to get to Summit in September, but I have 3 weddings that month, and of course I'm IN the one the weekend after Summit. I'm tempting fate and risking being in a sling or a neck-brace for that wedding :p