NESBA @ Beaverun June 12-13

TSB67

I'll be there both days, and riding in "I" group.

I ride Beave with NESBA pretty regularly, so I should know at least 5 other "I" riders there. One is actually doing a "taco bar" on Saturday night. If we're all sticking around Saturday evening, I can add a couple names to the head-count.

I'll have to verify if my buddy PJ is bringing his toy hauler or not. If he is, I'll be pitted next to him to exploit the amenities. We should all try to pit near each other regardless. I wish I'd coordinated that better at Gingerman this past weekend.

- chris

• 2 weeks later...

i'll be there sunday in b group because it will be my first track day. I would love to meet/talk to you guys/gals so i'm not so nervous and alone. My family and a few friends will be there but none of them have track experience. schmuckgirl i replied in your thread about trailer space.

Cool, thanks dude. Seriously, having the jitters is totally normal for a track day but NESBA will provide enough information for you to have fun and learn alot! You will love it and quite possibly get hooked on track days :) You're definitely not alone!

• 2 weeks later...

anyone still checking this thread, check your PM's.

the forecast suggests that we will get wet this weekend, but only briefly. I'm not concerned in the least.

I'll have shade to share if that's an issue for anyone.

wasnt sure if u meant beaver run or putnam, but u put putnam in the subject. If you are doing beaver run i will be there sunday. Flat black cbr #108. I will be easy to find because my wife and all of my children will be there. I'll definitely keep an eye out for u so i can get some pointers and be a little more comfortable knowing some people there.

yeah, i was thinking "these are the 3 people not going to Putnam," and put Putnam in the title... I'm retarded.

I've been to BeaveRun at least 10 times, so I have decent knowledge of the track. I'm certainly no expert, but I can tell you what you DON'T want to do (like get wide in T7), and answer the easy questions.

YOu'll be fine. everyone had a first trackday.

Nesba beginner class is far from slow.

true story. I did like 12 days in "B." No regrets whatsoever. I'm a better rider for it.

the tough thing about NESBA is that (I think) unless you really blow them away, they like to see you at 2 tracks.

Like I said, I did like 10 or 12 days in "B" group, and was finally bumped up when I rode with NESBA at Nelson Ledges.

camping tonight and tomorrow at the track.

and yeah, we're getting wet tomorrow. But it is what it is. Sunday looks better than Saturday.

Well that's cool for anyone who's signed up for Sunday :(

Oh well, it is what it is and we'll have a good time anyway....

or you'll get a rain credit. Given that they're calling for thunderstorms, it's possible that they could call the day due to lightning. That would suck, but sometimes not as much as it sucks to ride in a monsoon.

Well I didn't make it. My ride didn't work out at the last minute :(

I'm really bummed but I know you guys will have a good time out there....hopefully there's not too much rain... and I'll be out next season when I have a tow vehicle of my own.

that sucks, to bad you wasn't going to putnam we could of got the bike there

Well I didn't make it. My ride didn't work out at the last minute :(

I'm really bummed but I know you guys will have a good time out there....hopefully there's not too much rain... and I'll be out next season when I have a tow vehicle of my own.

Oh that sucks... I won't even post about the weather here...

I was racing my NSR/NSF125 on the smaller track on Friday and Sat.. I rode my bike thru the NESBA pits and didn't see anyone I knew.. so I didn't go back.

The weather was GREAT! Friday was HOT and humid as hell... My wife, son and I camped at the track and they said it was going to rain that night.. not a drop of rain fell! Woke up early Sat morning and it was really humid and getting HOT! Racing started and it was crazy HOT by the afternoon. Some clouds rolled in, a spit of rain here and there.. but as soon as it hit the pavement, it dried up like cold water on a hot skillet!

If I would of known some OR members would of been at the track, I would of looked for ya. Guess I should of checked out this section before going!

Here is a onboard video from the smaller track on my NSR/NSF125

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO--I3GQKoI

And if you seen this bike pictured below, it was me...

DSC04329.jpg

DSC04301.jpg

And if you seen this bike pictured below, it was me...

Only mini racer I saw in the north track paddock was the kid challenging everybody with a 50cc scooter to drag races. :)

I'd like to try an NSR sometime. Did the mini-motard thing briefly with my XR50 but that was a pretty worthless experience.

Really... I'm surprised you never seen us.. we had a large group there Friday for practice and then more for the races on Sat.

If you want to try it out.. I'm the race director for OYL and can get you started in the right direction! We need more racers out there!

We have a Stock XR100 class if you want to get into it on the cheap, and then if you want a bike like mine NSR.. I know of 2 for sale in the Columbus area! Check out our forum at: http://miniroadracers.informe.com/forum/

Our next race is at Circleville Raceway Park, on June 27th. Bring your gear, and you'll get to race for free! I can find you a bike to ride on!

Edited by fireman_343

Today was my first track day and must say I had a phenomanol time. I learned so much today it was rediculous. Hard to take it all in. As far as weather it stopped raining by 6 and track was completey dry by the time us beginners went out and not a drop of rain after just overcast. I am soooo tired and my legs are killing me even after the 3 hour drive back. Gotta start hittin the gym so I don't get fatigued so easily and plan for my next day with nesba.