S1000RR or HP2S

SYKOBURBIA

I am looking for a second bike but I cant decide between the S1000RR or the HP2 Sport. I know the S100RR is one of the best bike on the market right now but the style and handling of the HP2 makes up a bit for the lack of horsepower.

I still have a lot of reading to do but i just wanted to get some thoughts.

S1000RR

color_s1000rr_thunder_preview_brigh.jpg

HP2

color_hp2s_01_preview.jpg

The HP2 sounds great, is quirky, and has a bunch of cool features. The S1000RR is stupid amazing, but I see it being the next "me too" bike like a CBR1000RR or any other Jap bike really.

If you want stupid amazing performance, go for the S1KRR, if you want something eye catching and unique to stand out in the crowd and don't care about outright performace, get the HP2.

Personally, i'd go HP2 in a heartbeat over the S1K. But I like unique bikes with nice twin-cylinder delivery.

I've never ridden either bike, but after reading the reviews of the S1000RR in all the bike mags, it sounds like the best bang-for-the-buck 1k. It may be "just another inline 4" to a lot of people, but the styling is still highly distinctive and the technology in that bike is top notch.

The HP2 look is just so radical compared to anything else on the road and I know i haven't seen another one in Columbus. What is selling me on the S1KRR is the the amazing ABS and DTC. If any one has seen the video of the S1KRR on ice knows what I am talking about.

S1000r thats a easy question, but for that kind of money there are other exotics on the market that would turn heads and be just as sexy and still be more than enuff for any street rideing

what would you recommend?