FAKE Liter Bikes

fazer1sniper

I have 2 CBR's right now in my shop from guys who want paint and some minor work.

I is a CBR954 and the owner had stripped off the 954 tail markers and put "1000" on it...

The other is a 99 900 and it ended up with "1000" markings he had custom made that he me place on the bike...

Is this a new fad or what? The 900 series CBR's were great bikes, why do this? Wiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over?

They are turning out nice but still..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are two great bikes in my shop for paint & mods being finished up over the next week or 2. Where it has me pondering is the BOTH of the owners were dead set on me putting CBR1000RR markings on them

There was no reasoning with them, but in the end I got 1 to agree to "FireBlabe" marking on one(a 2003 CBR954RR) & as far as the owner of the '99 CBR900RR I gave up and just took the damn money. I started ass a Honda fan from way back so I, as well of alot of bike guys can tell on sight the differnce between a CBR 600, 900 & 1000 or even 1100 Blackbird on sight. So I just think it's silly to mark up a FAKE liter bike. Hell, the 900's from ran in LITER CLASS any damn way and were damn strong in it. But the Hell with it.

First bike: 1999 CBR900rr

Had alot of scuff damnage on the tail from the the helmet hanging on it while riding and stapping cargo on it with out thinking. Beyond that, it's in damn nice shape. Micron full system & K&N filter and enough yellow flashing, strobing & blinking LED's to induce epileptic seizures were the only mods.

DSCF0002.jpg

Now, I normally tell guys to let me order the parts but this kept showing up with parts that did not fit and-or requred a ton of work to make fit. First he got a Hot Bodies Hugger... for a 600:drool

DSCF0006.jpg

Since the Honda pearl yellow is priced WAY out of line, I made my oun. "school bus yellow" with a metalic mid coat.

DSCF0019.jpg

Now I'm feeling prety good about myself he drops the next bomb on me. He met some "guy" who talks him into painting the Yellow of the bike to look like a yellow "bowling ball". Not kidding. So I take off the rest of the body and let him take the plastic and tank away.

f001.jpg

It returned resprayed. OVER the stock stickers, paint INSIDE the fuel fill, dust and runs and all. The "bowling ball" effect is what I knew as a "marble effect", I have one it with the color over a metalic and use plactic wrap to give it a peeled off effect and this looks backwards to me, but hey he likes it so I drive on...

DSCF0027.jpg

So, of corse, this makes my painted hugger useless, so it goes back in the booth to be painted white.

f005.jpg

And what ever paint he used don't like MY paint, sso when I shoot the white panels on the tail I get fish eye.

DSCF0008.jpg

Got a cool undertail! that I had to gut the battery box off the stock one to make work. That and LED intergated tail light that had to be wired with out any instuctions or diagrams. He saw the led turn mirrors I picked up for the 954 and He HAD to have them...as well as led flush mount fronts.

DID I MENTION... He wants all the stock BLACK stickers BURGANDY? Oh yes, Yes we did it. Thats about it, after a full day of wiring, soldering, and mounting all this as well as the MILLION LED strips and pods I end up with this "MASTERPEICE" FAKE 1000... of well, he likes it. It ran well & I got paid.

finish0002.jpg

finish0003.jpg

assemb14.jpg

finish0004.jpg

finish0005.jpg

finish0009.jpg

finish00013.jpg

The 954RR is still in progress.

So the other FAKE bike.

The 2003 CBR954RR

This bike is my favorite of the two. It’s hopefully going to be together this coming weekend when I can peel away from my day job. It had some minor low speed drop damage on the left side. besides that it’s fine. Owner wants it all black, red graphics (minor) a lighting bolt… I saw ‘whatever man, just PLEASE let me replace the poser 1000 on the tail!’ I talked him into the “fire blade” tag. Near stock bike, just a Scorpion slip on, some cheip flushmonts on the fronts he likes and wants to keep and ditto with the fender elimination and rear turns.

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

Into color, graphics and clear. some wet sanding in the middle. Still need to buff and polish them this weekend and see how it all goes together, but I’m liking it so far. So one of them won’t roll out with

‘1000’ on it…

g003.jpg

paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg

paint11.jpg

paint21.jpg

paintclear31.jpg

I'm thinking that their friends probably have/had a 1000 something, so they had to match it. If that was the case, they should have went with 1001 or 1069. At least make it somewhat of a conversation piece.

Edited by alienpi

Neither bike is realy something I'd do for my oun bike, but it's what they want so I gave it to them. The 900 (1000) looks good I guess, nice contrast with the colors and such. Still think the marble effect paint takes away from it. The 954 should be togther and test rode this weekend providing I can track down why her fuel pump wont kick on.