Doh!!

flyboy1011

Was pulling into the garage at work this morning and got a little anxious on the front brake and dumped it on the right side doing <5 mph. Could have been worse, I guess, but now I haz a boo-boo (bike and ego).

28hit5g.jpg

I remember when I just got my bike and was learning how to ride...forgot to put the kickstand down in the garage. Nothing like watching your bike fall in slow motion.

You'd be surprised how many times that happens at the pumps at a gas station!

Was pulling into the garage at work this morning and got a little anxious on the front brake and dumped it on the right side doing <5 mph. Could have been worse, I guess, but now I haz a boo-boo (bike and ego).

I had 260 miles on my brand new bike last year when i dropped on the right side doing a uturn in a parking lot. exactly like you describe. unfortunately my brake lever absorbed almost all teh damage and looked like the ring they put in a bull's nose.

1000 miles later, i did the whole kickstand thing. i kicked it, i felt it click and then threw my bike on the ground onto it's left side. evidently the "click" iheard was the stand going down and coming back up.

now i have scars on both sides to constantly remind me to be careful, have my feet down, and now i always look at my kickstand before i set her on it.

so yeah, i know how much that feeling sucks, especially the sound it makes. worst. sound. ever.

Shit happens. Hey at least you did not do it in front of an audience.

Exactly! I had a stupid attack one day and forgot I locked my forks. Was in a store for about a hour nosing around. Went to take off and the thing wouldn't straighten out! Duh!