Bad year for students in Hilliard, another classmate death

SWing'R

A student died last night swimming in the quarry not to far from us.

I drive by the quarry often.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/05/26/hilliard-student-drowns-in-quarry.html?sid=101

Its a tragedy indeed, the second one in like six months, remember the kid that got hit by the train not long ago.

The story in the paper and on the news talk about how great this student was, and I'm sure he was, and my heart goes out

to the family and friends, however, neither story really mentioned the fact that they were tresspassing and shouldn't have been

there in the first play, they need to make sure kids understand the dangers at a quarry.

Edited by SWing'R
typo

I only remember one student dying at my school while I was in HS and it was due to a

genetic condition he was born with, I can't imagine the toll its taking on the student body to

have two in one school year due to such terrible circumstances. :(

Im not sure what the quarry is? It said he kept going under water and they were by rocks.. You think he got trapped under like a cliff ledge or something? IT said he was a good swimmer...

The quarry is at the end of Roberts Rd where it dead ends going East.

Dublin & Trabue Rds surround it on the West and South side.

quarry.jpg

a%3E