Norwalk (Summit Motorsports Park) - Wednesday Night Racing 2010

Disclaimer

Last minute, but if anyone else in interested, I believe I'll be out there tonight.

$12 Race or Watch

http://summitmotorsportspark.com/schedule/copy3_of_hot-norwalk-nights.ics

Classes & Rules:

Basic Rules for all classes: Any Dial-In, No Electronics; Slicks = any tire without DOT Number!

Stock: No Slicks! No Open Headers! Cars! Trucks! Motorcycles!

Modified Stock: Slicks & Open Headers Permitted! 3 or more wheels!

High School: Ages 16, 17 and 18 Only! Cars! Trucks! Motorcycles

(Must have valid driver’s license; learner permit’s will be accepted, but a legal guardian must ride along.)

Motorcycle: Any 2 Wheel Vehicles! Sled’s Welcome! Air Shifter Permitted!

Truck & Van: Any Truck/Van

Sport Compact: 4 & 6 Cylinder Overhead Cam or 2 Rotor Wankel Engines Only! D.O.T. Tires and Closed Exhaust Required! Laptops Permitted! Piggyback Fuel Computers with Display permitted!

Super Stock: Any Dial-in and Anything Permitted!

Prizes:

Each Class Winner (excluding Super Stock) to receive a special HNN Trophy and T-shirt! Trophies will be rewarded to the Runner-Up and Semi-Finalists!

Super Stock: Winner $100, R/U $50, Semi $20

image_miniimage_mini

SCHEDULE Gates Open 5:00 pm Time Trials 5:30 pm Eliminations 8:30 pm FEES Race or Watch $12 Super Stock $20 Child (6-14) $ 5

Edited by Fonzie
Update date

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran 5 rounds of competition - no bye runs.

Beat a ZX-12, 2 Harleys, a ZX-14, and a ZX-11 drag bike. Everything ran faster than me except the Harleys.

And I didn't even have my 'drag bike' (the 'busa), I won on the SV.

My ol' man lost 1st round on the CBX, my brother lost 3rd round to the ZX-14 I beat the next round.

That's cool as hell Justin. You have had quite the motorcycle week so far, ride to the river Sunday and drag racing Wednesday what’s next?

I'm starting to doubt the existence of the Hayabusa. You don't ride it on the street claiming it's a drag bike and you don't ride it at the strip.

so, stupid comment/question; given that "everyone went faster than you except the Harleys," this was bracket racing, yes?

I wish I'd shown up just to get a better understanding of how that works...

Might have to come out some time and practice launches on the track bike. Should it ever become a race bike, that stuff matters :)

Yes -- it was bracket racing. My bike was running 11.70-11.80s all night @ 115, 116mph-ish.

The other bikes were dialed in the following ranges (If I recall right, I don't have the slips with me at work).

9.30 (Modded up ZX-12, wheelie bars, air shifter, turbo) - guy broke out

9.80 (Modded ZX-14 - wheelie bars, air shifter, nitrous) - I killed the guy on the tree

10.20 (ZX-11 drag bike) - He couldn't run the number

14.10 (Harley) - Killed him on the tree, He couldn't run the number

14.10 (Harley) - red lighted against me

I was dialed 11.75 the whole time, except for the finals when I dialed 11.72. I was on the brakes most runs, but I usually keep enough in the bank to cover my ET if I have a bad launch.

The guy on the Harley red-lighted against me in the final, so I ran it out the back-door for my last run of the night and clicked off an 11.62 @ 116mph.

are these cool harley guys, or douchey harley guys?

I wouldn't mind showing up on my $1400 EX500 (that's currently making funny noises from the counter-shaft area...) and click off a 13.5 to piss off some douchey harley guys.

as if it is new.......:rolleyes:

Justin pretty much wins all the time.....he has a walking closet of trophies earned at Norwalk.....

The secret is he is doin it with passion for a long time and his dial in is spot on consistent.....he actually popped my cherry for the quarter mile last year at Norwalk and taught me the hows in the terms of an engineer.....:D

Go see him sometimes......I will be there after July 31st.....no night riding till.

CONGRATS ANYWAY

I dunno, I don't really talk to other people... I'm an anti-social engineer, remember? I hung out with my dad and brother the whole night.

The one Harley guy I ran in the final was a decent guy. Didn't say much other than exchanging that this was his "4th time ever" and it was my first time this season, 2nd time ever on the SV. And the "Good luck / good race / nice run" fist bump at the ET shack.

Of course my ol' man says some cocky dude on a Hayabusa was getting lippy with him when my dad asked about the bikes lining up double-file in the staging lanes.

I didn't hear the exchange, so I'm only going by what my dad told me, but I guess he didn't take to kindly to the tone the kid had and walked away. Considering my ol' man was probably racing bikes when that kid was playing in the sandbox.

No. They have rules written, but they're pretty much CYA stuff in case some asshat comes out there and acts a fool.

But, they're pretty lax as long as you have semi-appropriate attire.

Bare minimum:

Helmet (any)

Jacket (or long sleeve sweatshirt)

Gloves (any)

Long pants

Boots (though they rarely check -- most people wear tennis shoes)

Street legal bike 'as-is' (as long as you're not leaking fluids)