Vacation at The Dragon + Mario Andretti

scottb

Life is good, pics to follow.Just had to share.

Just got back from a great vacation. Spent some time in Birmingham Alabama staying with family. Great BBQ, poolside beverages and fun. Went to Barbers Motorsports Park to see the Legends of Motorsports vintage grand prix cars. I got to meet MARIO ANDRETTI!! Way cool!!

On the way home, stopped at the Dragon (route 129). Very nice road to ride. I think it is actually a good thing that the one end of the dragon is closed due to the rockside. No through traffic or semi's. Great views of the mountains. A boat load of sportbikes, miatas, and BMWs. After I passed Killboy's photo spot, I thought of taping a sign to the Jeep that said " Live to drive, drive to live" since I was in a vehicle and not on a motorcycle.

Route 28 is also a great road to ride.

Since I had a rental vehicle, a Jeep, I took a road less traveled, Parson Branch Road. A "primative" road. This road is 8 miles of a narrow path. Hey its a rental, so all was good. Only drawback is no cell phone service. The fastest speed was like 10 MPH due to the narrow road,water crossings and no real straight sections.

Thanks for reading..

, Parson Branch Road. A "primative" road. This road is 8 miles of a narrow path. Hey its a rental, so all was good. Only drawback is no cell phone service. The fastest speed was like 10 MPH due to the narrow road,water crossings and no real straight sections.

Thanks for reading..

we almost too this in the bikes to avoid the 140 mile trip back to our hotel each day.

I will go back to the Dragon, but next time on the bike. There was 4 state police parked off the road on the dragon. The posted speed limit on the road is 30 MPH.

If I saw a sportbike or fast car catching up to me, there was plenty of pull-offs to allow the faster vehicles to go by. At one photo stop, I met a guy from Twinsburg riding a KTM Dakar bike with ADV stick on his hardbags. I told him about Ohioriders, hopefully he will sign on.