salvage title inspection

gergwheel

Let's say there is a bike that has a salvage title and the rear tail section has been replaced and doesn't have the model information tag on the rear tail section anymore. will this fail a salvage inspection cause it is a part that has been replaced and there is no documentation for it?

When I got my race bike, it was a salvage TN title. I simply stripped down the front so that the frame VIN was easily visible and scheduled a time with the BMV in Pickerington. Took the bike there and they ran the VIN number and looked the bike over and so on. He gave me the paperwork to change the title over to my name and that was that.

I had no bodywork on the bike any the only thing that stated what it was, was the OEM VIN placard mantled to the frame.

Edited by SJC1000rr

If you get it inspected without tail plastics make sure you have working and securely mounted tail lights and blinkers.

I put some stock stalks on just so there was no questions about the integrated tail light.

They do not care if it is road worthy or not, just as long as it does not have stolen parts on it. I have been through the inspection with a Jeep. I just didn't put any new parts on it, and it passed. It was hit in the drivers side front, and in the rear end.

I got a salvage title for a car once. I had replaced the motor and trunk lid and they only wanted to see papers for the motor to verify mileage. Best thing to do is call BMV, explain what you have and ask if that's ok.

They do not care if it is road worthy or not, just as long as it does not have stolen parts on it. I have been through the inspection with a Jeep. I just didn't put any new parts on it, and it passed. It was hit in the drivers side front, and in the rear end.

They say that it isn't a roadworthy thing. But it is as well as stolen parts. They harassed my buddy for having a rear tire near the wear bars. The state rules say it's not a safety inspection, but when you go in to the facility, the placard on the wall says the inspection will be terminated if the vehicle cannot pass a basic safety inspection.

They do no specify what is basic.

If its the bike I looked at yesterday the sub frame tag was only supposed to have model info on it not the Vin. He should be OK as long as he doesn't point out that he thinks its from another bike. If they question it all he's got to do is explain that it was on the bike when he bought it.

If its the bike I looked at yesterday the sub frame tag was only supposed to have model info on it not the Vin. He should be OK as long as he doesn't point out that he thinks its from another bike. If they question it all he's got to do is explain that it was on the bike when he bought it.

Cooter you crazy sum a da bitch... sorry when i see you name i wanna talk all hillbilly.

Anyways, yes it is the bike you are thinking of. I am 99% sure he will be fine too, but he is just really worried about it so i posted up to get some others inputs. sounds like he will be a o.k.

You got the crazy sum bitch right lol. There is also a crack in the tail section so he should be able to point that out and say that he didn't replace that. He should be good. I have been trying to get the owner of that bike to get on here but for some reason he hasn't.