this is bullshit...

hollywood3586

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what horseshit. guess they can just chuck all the radar guns and air planes now. you aught to start your own company that independently certifies drivers to verify visually that they are not driving too fast without having to look at that pesky speedometer.

Edited by smashweights

phew thank god I've don't have any of my sports cars...I couldn't tell you how many times someone has said "wow that looks fast just sitting there" :rolleyes:

and now that's enough to convict you. better park in a garage with no windows just to be safe. :rolleyes:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ohioians-Against-Unaided-Traffic-Violations/122013861167012

Here, I made a Facebook page for it. :lol:

There's a Facebook page for everything. Might as well be one for this. Maybe if it gets enough attention, someone will pay attention.

i'll like that. it's the least i can do (literally). glad i could make society better with a click. ;)

this shit isnt new. this has been around for a long time.

cops are trained and certified for this.

i dont have a problem with it. only the dbag cops will abuse it. and those are the kind of cops that will find something to ticket you on no matter what, whether it be by this, or something else.

I have a HUGE problem with this, only because in this application it is ripe for abuse with no independent recourse. Not that ANY police officer has ever lied under oath to get a petty minor misdemeanor offense conviction :rolleyes:

This puts the burden on the defense to destroy the officers credibility -- if that's what they want, I'm sure there are some rich bastards out there with more money than brains that'll be able to knock the 'holier than thou' attitude of one of these abusive cops down a peg or two. A few court demonstrations, a background check, and/or maybe even a private eye following an officer for a day or two should be enough to show a lack of credibility.

I'm not saying this can't be defeated, I'm just saying it'll take an awful lot of legwork to get it done -- so now you're at a standoff to see who really wants it more... this isn't justice, this is how the gov't is going to start making money without printing it or taxing it.

I have a HUGE problem with this, only because in this application it is ripe for abuse with no independent recourse. Not that ANY police officer has ever lied under oath to get a petty minor misdemeanor offense conviction :rolleyes:

This puts the burden on the defense to destroy the officers credibility -- if that's what they want, I'm sure there are some rich bastards out there with more money than brains that'll be able to knock the 'holier than thou' attitude of one of these abusive cops down a peg or two. A few court demonstrations, a background check, and/or maybe even a private eye following an officer for a day or two should be enough to show a lack of credibility.

I'm not saying this can't be defeated, I'm just saying it'll take an awful lot of legwork to get it done -- so now you're at a standoff to see who really wants it more... this isn't justice, this is how the gov't is going to start making money without printing it or taxing it.

+1, just makes random driving taxes easier to collect.

This just in!!!

"If a citizen can visually estimate a police officer is overweight, the squad car will be taken away from their fat ass and they will be forced to walk or run everywhere- No scale will be needed to verify the citizens estimates"

This just in!!!

"If a citizen can visually estimate a police officer is overweight, the squad car will be taken away from their fat ass and they will be forced to walk or run everywhere- No scale will be needed to verify the citizens estimates"

fail.

being overweight isnt a law, but obeying the speedlimit is.

atleast come up with something clever next time. i lost a few IQ points reading your post.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ohioians-Against-Unaided-Traffic-Violations/122013861167012

Here, I made a Facebook page for it. :lol:

There's a Facebook page for everything. Might as well be one for this. Maybe if it gets enough attention, someone will pay attention.

LOL I posted to it.. let's get this rolling!

fail.

being overweight isnt a law, but obeying the speedlimit is.

atleast come up with something clever next time. i lost a few IQ points reading your post.

Actually it's NOT a fail. What he said has a point. Most that become officers have to pass a fitness test. 1.5 mile run, sit-ups, push-ups which normally go by the Cooper fitness test standards.

There, I helped you gain your IQ points that seem to be sitting in your head loosely. ;)

Edited by NinjaNick

That is pretty pathetic... As an additional FYI, This now gives them probable cause to pull you over to try and find something else to ticket you for.

Example.

Youre driving 25mph home from the bar

Officer guestimates for his records youre driving 35 just to pull you over

Officer now tries to get you for DUI, or at a minimum, seatbelt violation since seatbelts are secondary and they cant pull you over for it.

Now you get a DUI or some other violation.

Before this, the officer had to have probable cause, aka radar you for speeding, swerving (Camera would validate swerving) etc. But now, their visual estimation is now good enough for them to stop you.

Complete BS.

awesome. :nono:

But what kind of ticket will they give you exactly? I know theres like certain degrees of speeding tickets. What kind will this be? will it put points on your license/insurance? or just a pay-up ticket?

It doesnt matter. Its a ticket you will have to pay and will go on your record.

That is pretty pathetic... As an additional FYI, This now gives them probable cause to pull you over to try and find something else to ticket you for.

Example.

Youre driving 25mph home from the bar

Officer guestimates for his records youre driving 35 just to pull you over

Officer now tries to get you for DUI, or at a minimum, seatbelt violation since seatbelts are secondary and they cant pull you over for it.

Now you get a DUI or some other violation.

Before this, the officer had to have probable cause, aka radar you for speeding, swerving (Camera would validate swerving) etc. But now, their visual estimation is now good enough for them to stop you.

Complete BS.

but our nation will fight to the bitter end if they check to see if you're a citizen while checking your seatbelt, BAC, text message history, proof of insurance, registration, and having the drug dog sniff around without probable cause.

They are just trying to protect us. Be glad there's thousands of tickets written to "slow us down"...

p.s. And gun control keeps us safe from criminals