this is bullshit...

hollywood3586

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cops are trained and certified for this.

this guy is "trained" too. in fact, he is the only one professional enough to handle a glock, yet somehow he still ends up shooting himself. he should have done more training in the area of "keep your god damn booger picker off the bang button", not to mention the area of "all guns are loaded until you verify otherwise"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uADb3NyYlSA

swat teams are supposed to be HIGHLY trained. the best of the best. yet somehow they often go to the wrong address, or end up shooting grandma or a 7 year old kid.

If I'm not mistaken, an estimated speed was only okay when there was an accident. The only thing the supreme court upheld was the lower court's ruling that estimated speed was okay for a speeding ticket.

Not trying to e-argue buddy, I will look and see what i can find on this later tonight, but i think they actually train on visual speed estimation.

Not trying to e-argue buddy, I will look and see what i can find on this later tonight, but i think they actually train on visual speed estimation.

They do. They're supposed to visually estimate the speed then verify with radar/laser/etc. No e-arguing. My e-penis is too small to e-argue. :lol:

yes, but how accurate is the training? ben is right, they usually go out with a group, guess speeds then check it with a radar. problem is that radar is not 100% accurate all the time.

when was their training radar calibrated? what was the repair history on it, what condition was it in during training? how old is it? how has it been stored?

if the radar they used during training is not accurate, then their training is not accurate.

yes, but how accurate is the training? ben is right, they usually go out with a group, guess speeds then check it with a radar. problem is that radar is not 100% accurate all the time.

when was their training radar calibrated? what was the repair history on it, what condition was it in during training? how old is it? how has it been stored?

if the radar they used during training is not accurate, then their training is not accurate.

oh i agree. I wasn't incinuating that the training was right, just the fact they are trained in visual speed estimation, whether it's accurate training, I can't speak to that.

fail.

being overweight isnt a law, but obeying the speedlimit is.

atleast come up with something clever next time. i lost a few IQ points reading your post.

Who are you kidding? That was funny stuff!! Bad cops, no doughnut!!!

trust me the water nazi's are just as bad if not worse than cops

we took my friends jetski out to eastwood metropark yesterday and about 10 mins in the ranger pulls up while i'm out and everyone waves me in and i'm thinking "shit wtf did i do" turned out there was a stranded boat he wanted us to go check out and we towed him in. Figured we were golden to have fun all day after that. twas a good day.

32004_615952624236_39507617_35566998_6270222_n.jpg

we took my friends jetski out to eastwood metropark yesterday and about 10 mins in the ranger pulls up while i'm out and everyone waves me in and i'm thinking "shit wtf did i do" turned out there was a stranded boat he wanted us to go check out and we towed him in. Figured we were golden to have fun all day after that. twas a good day.

jealous, haven't even put our ski in the water yet and STILL needs fixed :mad:

usually if you do crazy shit like I enjoy to do theres bound to be a ODNR or Coast Guard somewhere near by. Used to be even worse when the Cleveland Police had a marine division

Maybe they should also make a law for people driving slowly in the left lane?

I think they passed that law out west in Washington.

can this go to the U.S. supreme court ? for a police officer to be able to say someone is going too fast and a citizen to not have any recourse is insane.

It's purely rediculous!

1st off, you don't need an education to be a police officer. Most just join an academy, or like Dayton, they provide their own. Being a cop doesn't mean you're smart. There is no education standards unfortunately. ANOTHER reason to feel pissed is that JOE GED can join an academy, come out 6 months later and work the beat for awhile and then JUDGE my speed by ESTIMATING?? Yeah.........FUCK YOU JOE! :nono:

1st off, you don't need an education to be a police officer. Most just join an academy, or like Dayton, they provide their own. Being a cop doesn't mean you're smart. There is no education standards unfortunately. ANOTHER reason to feel pissed is that JOE GED can join an academy, come out 6 months later and work the beat for awhile and then JUDGE my speed by ESTIMATING?? Yeah.........FUCK YOU JOE! :nono:

This maybe partial truth, sorry. When I lived in VA they wanted at least two years of Criminal Justice before you could join. Down in Florida it was like this though, just needed to past test and then you were able to fill out apps, trust me, I wanted to be a cop...

This maybe partial truth, sorry. When I lived in VA they wanted at least two years of Criminal Justice before you could join. Down in Florida it was like this though, just needed to past test and then you were able to fill out apps, trust me, I wanted to be a cop...

It is true, well it is for a big city cop. Like I mentioned Dayton is one. It's a waste of money if you go to school for a cop when you don't need to. An academy is the best route.

Edited by NinjaNick

I wrote to Rep. Sutton, Sen. Voinovich, Sen. Brown, and Gov. Strickland... basically voicing my disapproval and why.

Then I asked for their stance, why, and what they were doing to promote their stance. We'll see if/what I get back.

I'm actually interested to see where it goes or how it's filtered. The governor is the closest one, legally, to having connections to the Ohio Supreme Court. The others actually are reps at the federal level -- so I don't know how much involvement they get into at a state level.

I did flub a little bit... I forgot to change some verbiage in the latter part of the letter from "Senator" (to Rep or Gov)... so it might read weird when they get to that part. :p

Dammit, I always miss something. Did I mention, I love the EDIT button on here?

BTW, it's also interesting to note that of the 5-1 opinion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Justices_of_the_Ohio_Supreme_Court#Further_reading

Ruled in favor:

Justice Maureen O’Connor’s - Republican

Justice Paul E. Pfeifer - Republican

Justice Evelyn Lundberg Stratton - Republican

Justice Judith Ann Lanzinger - Republican

Justice Robert R. Cupp. - Republican

Ruled against:

Justice Terrence O’Donnell - Republican

The lone democrat, Chief Justice Eric Brown did not participate in the Court’s deliberations or decision in the case.

I wrote to Rep. Sutton, Sen. Voinovich, Sen. Brown, and Gov. Strickland... basically voicing my disapproval and why.

Then I asked for their stance, why, and what they were doing to promote their stance. We'll see if/what I get back.

Good for you. Can't wait to see if you get responses back.

Maybe they should also make a law for people driving slowly in the left lane?

Actually, there ARE laws like that on the books in many places, but get a LEO to enforce it...

There was an article going around a few years ago about a lady getting a ticket for going to slow on a regular single lane road, impending the flow of traffic or something like that.