Virginia Beach...who's been there?

Bad324

My friend asked me to help plan a long weekend (4-5 day trip) somewhere and we both immediately thought Virgina Beach could be fun since neither of us or the rest of our friends who want to go have been there. It'd be up to 6 single 21-25 year olds and we like to party. Is this a good place to go for beach and nightlife and people our age range? Where is a good place to stay? What are good things to do? When is a good time to go? We have 2 teachers in our group so it would have to be between now and mid august

Also, could be up for other beach location suggestions within an 8 hour drive from Cleveland

I've been there a couple times but we always just drove there and booked the hotel at the front desk. I hate to say it but I always felt like virginia beach was like the shitty not entertaining version of myrtle beach... buuuut, that might be because I've spent ~36 weeks of my life at myrtle beach and only about 2 weeks at virginia beach, so I don't know the area as well.

I do remember going on a boat tour and seeing the dolphins. That was fun. I was there with a relative who was recovering from surgery most recently though so we didn't do any drinking or anything... :) lol, looks like i'm not very helpful

i lived in VA Beach for a year. loved it. after moving back i went back every other weekend to party it up. thats was when i was 19-21 (my younger unmarried years)

I'd go back in a heart beat. i couldn't tell ya where i partied and all the bars that where there back then. but i always had a blast when i was there.

I'm planning a long weekend in VA beach for July 23-26. It's been about 15 years since I've been there last, but it was a good time from what I remember. The beaches were really nice, I hope that hasn't changed.

do they frown on alcohol on the beach? Mainly it would be gatorade bottles full of captain and coke or cans of beer that would be poured into solo cups with no evidence of littering?

I've spent ~36 weeks of my life at myrtle beach :eek:, even I have not partied that hard.....:o do they sell your bikini posters at the Myrtle Beach stores.....:p

I do remember going on a boat tour and seeing the dolphins: that's a ghey advice for a guy....:supergay:

:fruit: