Stolen bike recovered two years later

Casper

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89664

Cool story.

Cliff's:

2 years agoMemorial Day wknd, my '04 ZX-10r was stolen. I just found a posting on craigslist that looked like my bike, and it had no title. I haave my title so I called the cops in Port St. Lucie and they went to the guy's house. It ended up being my motorcycle that he bought from an impound a year and a half ago. He told them he just sold the bike 2 days ago to some place called kings cycles in Jacksonville, FL. I looked everywhere on the internet and cannot find this place. The cops said they would contact the business once it opens. I was just curious if anyone here has heard of this place?
Apprently, 2 months after it was stolen. . . it was involved in a minor accident and the rider fled the scene. The bike was then impounded and I was never contacted for some reason, evern though it's still in the system as reported stolen. This craigslist guy said he bought it from the impound as a salvage bike. It does seem fishy, but hopefully the police straighten it all out.

Unfortunately, I had not gotten insurance on it yet because I was waiting until my teaching job started up in 2 months and you don't need insurance in FL. . .EXTREMELY naive of me and it will never happen again.

I lived in Coconut Grove in Miami. . .lived in a real nice section and left it outside for 3 hours and it was gone. It was completely my fault for being careless. . .usually I brought it inside our apartment, but my truck had been in the shop for 2 weeks and I was using my bike for everything and just got careless. I'm from a small town in NY where we haven't locked our house/cars in the 26 years I lived there so I wasn't too used to having to be so cautious, and it cost my dearly.
So the detectives called me earlier today and said they recovered my bike. I'm still in awe that 2 years later to the weekend, I found my motorcycle on craigslist and actually got it recovered 3 days later. As most of you know, the love and appreciation these machines give us are unrivaled. I looked every week on craigslist and e-bay for some sign of my stolen baby. . .I was utterly heartbroken when it was stolen. The police in Port St. Lucie were extremely pro-active and helpful, unlike a lot of police departments I've had contact with in Miami or even NY. I have 2 more months of Officer Candidate School here at Ft. Benning, then I'm heading down to Jacksonville to pick my baby up and see how much work needs to be done.