Post your official timings only : Any course

Kosmo

You lose.. I saw Cory's timer which reported a 45 second lap time, and a 1:16, one time. I saw the pic of the timer so it much be true.. Right..I even think you were there the day it happened :grin::p

That's right. DAMNIT!! I lost again.

I know I can pull a :35 flat at Mid-Ohio if I try to remove my front rotors and remove any weight related items like frame and bolts...

I seem to recall looking at a TD org that would prove you wrong.

They were advertising 'free timing' for all participants, and were planning to use the data to shuffle riders up or down a group.

Someone on the NESBA forum suggested that NESBA do the same, and there was a lot of, "no! don't do that! insurance doesn't cover me at 'timed events!'"

But there is at least one TD provider who does it; I just can't remember who...

**edit - CCS offers free transponders at their trackdays. i realize they're a race org, but this isn't their races. And this isn't the group I was thinking of; just the first one I found when I searched. It appears that Streets of Willow rents transponders for $30 when you do one of their days as well.

Pro Motion used to do it. Look where they are now... It's a bigger issue now than before...

If CCS has a track day, it is a race practice. Even if not the case, they are a race org and have the needed insurance. Plus, you realize that your insurance will not cover any racing related events...

See, this is how the big fish stories start...just post a real time Troublemaker! :)

yeah...people will lie but when you start thread bashing/jacking before any times are posted...well, the thread is already in hell. last I saw, you werent on the list of moderators...so why even add your two cents? not trying to be a smart@ss...but figured I'd give you crap since you blew me off about 6 times for your free mtn bike lessons. :slap:

Ouch...

Yeah, need to get riding soon. Since I just got back after almost 2 weeks in Cali, I have some time. Work's just been limiting of most things...

why dont you shut the fuck up already you prick. the leader of my motorcycle gang can run 1:05.1 at putnam, he told me so to my face. so your so called "expertise" just lost all credability. mmmk? mmmk.

:cool:

Edited by ped

Are you telling me they offer to rent out a transponder to you to strap on your bike and will offer you times out there in a TRACK DAY setting? Or, are you confusing a transponder being put on the wall for people with lap timers?

Clear that up first and we will go from there.

Yes, I was offered a transponder to mount on my bike for lap times. I was there as a certified rider not there to race. It was a combination race practice and there were some folks there who were just speed certified. This was after the one year I tried to race so my bike was race prepped and had numbers on it. Not really a track day setting since it was a race weekend and the vast majority of people there were there for the race weekend. I know where you are going with this and I'm guessing I was just being confused with someone who was there to race since my pit area was set up like most club racers.

Uh, you're an idiot... I'm basically saying these threads are stupid and pointless. Same as you... Maybe we are both idiots?

I care because track days don't allow timing as done under race days. If they do, they won't for long once someone wads some shit up and goes to the ER and their insurance company finds out...

wow....

the point i'm trying to make is that most people already run their own lap timer as an easy way to help gauge their progress as track rider. i'm, also, fully aware that lap times alone are not all that matters. however, i would find it more beneficial to ride with someone of similar abilities and have an opportunity to learn something from eachother and have some fun in the process and this would be an easy way to do so. no one is calling for official track timing and as i mentioned before it wouldn't take long to figure out who was full of it since this is a localized board with many track riders, thereby, eliminating any skullduggery.

how could that not make sense to you or anyone else, for that matter?

show up and ride. if you can pass the guy in front of you, you're faster than him. If you get passed, you're slower than that guy.

Besides, fast guys can ride slow some days, so their "best" time isn't really any indication of how they're riding on any given weekend.

I ride with a lot of guys who used to be faster than me. I've gotten quicker, but in some cases, they've also gotten slower. "the older I get, the greater (or faster) I used to be" applies for almost all sports.

show up and ride. if you can pass the guy in front of you, you're faster than him. If you get passed, you're slower than that guy.

Besides, fast guys can ride slow some days, so their "best" time isn't really any indication of how they're riding on any given weekend.

I ride with a lot of guys who used to be faster than me. I've gotten quicker, but in some cases, they've also gotten slower. "the older I get, the greater (or faster) I used to be" applies for almost all sports.

True, true and exact to point. Asking people their "best times" isn't helpful in a learninf sense. I've seen guys run a "decent pace" at a track, but they are running with their hair on fire and VERY sloppy and out of control. While others can run the same pace at 60% of ability and actually teach you something.

The point is simple. Ride in the group that is equal to your ability - not what your buddy is running, not what makes you look cool to your peers, etc. If you ride in a group of like ability riders, you will learn quicker.

There's the old saying that you should ride with those you hope to be like. Meaning, if you associate with a faster group, you will learn to ride faster. I agree to this idea if you have a decent basis to grow from. If you do not, they will only leave you and you'll ride around getting your ass handed to you every lap. Leanring nothing... Or, if trying to keep up, you'll learn what dirt tastes like.

Lap times mean shit when it comes to who you ride with. I can run a pace to podium at a track or I can ride a pace to be middle of the pack at the same track while helping others. I can also ride below average at a track to do the same thing. Lap times mean nothing. Ever.