Kewl shot!

RSVDon

Kinda makes me want one again. Maybe I should put the Mille up for a trade on a Red Fut. Hmmmmm.

kcodemay-04974.jpg

Background:

A little back ground....

When the Keith Code California Superbike School comes to VIR, I do cornerworking and the exchange is free track time. They are fairly liberal with what you can run and were ok with me leaving the bags on. I was ripping through most of the students with this set up and Keith told me that he had many positive comments from the students about how watching me go ripping around showed them just how much could be done with a competent bike and experience. It was raining on Monday, and I had slicks on the track bike, so I took the Futura out instead. It did so well that I decided to give it a go in the dry and was only 9 seconds off my normal lap times with it! I have many video clips from different angles as well as from the bike behind and will be putting a video together from this.

BTW..... The bags were NOT empty! I had drinks, snacks, and camera equipment in them!

Tires were Pirelli Angle ST's, and I was EXTREMELY impressed with how well they handle and the wear. Those things still look almost new!

Stay tuned......

I rode quite a few Futuras when I worked at AMS, and my dad owned one for awhile.

I still think it's one of the best motorcycles I've ever ridden, and with a set of staintunes one of the best sounding bikes too.

I rode quite a few Futuras when I worked at AMS, and my dad owned one for awhile.

I still think it's one of the best motorcycles I've ever ridden, and with a set of staintunes one of the best sounding bikes too.

I'm seriously thinking about cleaning up the Mille and seeing if someone wants to trade for a Flame Red Futura. Sooooo hawt. More comfortable too, and with the way I ride and after seeing this guy's video I highly doubt I'd miss that slight lack in performance.

That was pretty impressive. I'd love to see that guy on the track. In phoenix we had a few guys go out on Goldwings and we had one guy take a sportster 1200 out for a trackday. I had to laugh when quite a few of the guys on their sportbikes couldn't keep up.