Moving

dustinsn3485

So some of the local guys that I talk to know I've been thinking of moving for awhile now.

I made an attempt at selling the house, it's still for sale really. I'll probably end up renting it out though.

Anyways, yesterday I put my 2 weeks in at my job. So it's real now, I'm moving. I'm going to live in Nashville.

It's a risk I suppose. I don't have a job, I don't have a house, my car is for sale, and I'm going to be 6 hours from my nearest family.

As for my little shop, I think my dad can handle changing tires for all the Dayton guys. He can do all the work I can do, and since he's basically retired he's probably more flexible than I am.

Anyone have contacts in Nashville? I'm going to need a job.

That's all. Wish me luck and all that crap...

Why Nashville

Why not?

I'd actually prefer to be a bit more east, Knoxville, Asheville, NC, Charlotte, NC...

A bit part of wanting to go to Nashville is the girlfriend wants to go there, but I'm not complaining at all because it's only 2 hours from Lake Cumberland, close to some really nice roads, good riding starts just east of Nashville, Memphis is a short drive, etc.

I can't really think of any negatives to it right now.

Why not?

I'd actually prefer to be a bit more east, Knoxville, Asheville, NC, Charlotte, NC...

A bit part of wanting to go to Nashville is the girlfriend wants to go there, but I'm not complaining at all because it's only 2 hours from Lake Cumberland, close to some really nice roads, good riding starts just east of Nashville, Memphis is a short drive, etc.

I can't really think of any negatives to it right now.

I wish you the best of luck Dustin, but why the hurry now... When the economy is so bad, and no job lined up yet?

South Carolina.

this is where I shall be and hopefully soon

Nashville is a really cool town and even though I've only spent one weekend there it was pretty awesome. Congrats on tough decision to just up and move, I'm sure you should have some luck finding a job and everything else. Best of luck on the move!

I wish you the best of luck Dustin, but why the hurry now... When the economy is so bad, and no job lined up yet?

I'm 25, the only education I have is motorcycle mechanics, I have nothing tying me down to Ohio, the economy may never get any better. I have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. A job at McDonalds flipping burgers only pays marginally less than the warehousing I've been doing for the past 3 years.

Like OhioRiders, maybe you can start a site called TennesseeRiders.net?:D

Well they've already got ETR...East Tennessee Riders

good luck buddy! if you need a hand getting anything loaded up let me know! if you decide you ever want to come back and ride our "wonderful" roads, youve got a place to stay!

The only thing I really need is your truck! Lemme know when you wanna trade for my car :p

I'm 25, the only education I have is motorcycle mechanics, I have nothing tying me down to Ohio, the economy may never get any better. I have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. A job at McDonalds flipping burgers only pays marginally less than the warehousing I've been doing for the past 3 years.

Ahhhh.... I've always been under the impression you were about 10 years older than that

Ahhhh.... I've always been under the impression you were about 10 years older than that

I'll take that as a compliment. I feel like I've done pretty good in life so far, I need a challenge now. Walking away from everything I know and starting fresh in a new place with nothing seems like just the challenge.