First time at drgastrip

ZIXXER9R

Well my buddy and I headed out to Dragway 42 this evening, It was my first time on a bike at the strip needless to say I stalled the first launch, it sucked I was that guy, but I quickly got it down so here's the stats for the best pass of the night

1994 cbr 600F2 stock besides slip-on oh and a completely bald rear tire, no burn outs just line up and go

6'3" 220lbs rider

R/T---.0696

60ft---2.0022

330ft--5.3725

1/8th--8.2351

1/8th--84.89mph

1000'--10.7307

1/4----12.9248

1/4----101.27mph

didn't think it was too bad for a dinosaur 600 and a beginner bike drag racer. and spinning for the first 20-40 ft

Edited by ZIXXER9R

breaking 13 is an impressive pass on a F2.

I love when people throw out quarter mile stats on their car or bike, but have never actually taken it to a drag strip. The magazine numbers are just what the vehicle is CAPABLE of doing - it says nothing about what YOU can do with the same vehicle.

Good on you for getting your bike out there. I'm betting there are a lot of slower riders on faster bikes.

We should do hot Norwalk nights on Wednesdays.....tell you know jrmmii, who runs the place....:p......I also popped my cherry, last summer at Norwalk, with his awesome help.....was fun.....need to do it again this summer

2.0 60ft isn't terrible...

My buddy used to consistently stall every other run. His 60ft would be either 2.xxx or 5.xxx. He was just afraid to bring the revs up too high at the line. I guess 3 seconds isn't bad for refiring and getting rolling again.

yeah there was a guy on a busa with airshifter , piped, pc, stretched and his best run was only a 10.2xxx kid at track said that the guy that used to have that bike was ripping off 9.4's so rider skill has alot to do with it

stalled because I got the bike the night before and was not used to it completely diff then riding my zx9 with hydro clutch

i meant was, what were you launching at? you would have to be leaving at a low rpm to stall, i woulda expected you to be leaving the line higher in the rpm range