Question: '93 Gold Wing

Aerik

Alright: In my apartment complex, we're known as the 'guys with all the bikes'. So, last night a neighbor comes up while we're working in the garage and asks if we'd be interested in a '93 Gold Wing with approximately 40k miles. He says it's loaded, royal blue, and the only thing wrong with it is a hole in the left muffler (I have no idea how-- I haven't seen the bike).

So here's my question: He says he's hoping to get $5000-$6000 out of it. Is that actually reasonable for this bike, or does he just have "It's my bike and I paid a lot for it so someone else should" syndrome?

Doesn't actually matter to me, since I'm not in the market for anything that expensive. I was just curious.

Incidentally, if anyone is actually interested, let me know and I'll get you in touch with him to find out more.

It could be any of three Gold Wing models for that year.

Kelly blue book is about 4800 to 6000, for Retail, which would have at least a 30 day guarantee with it.

This does not, and should be lower, and closer to trade in value if there are no repair/maintenance records. (3350-4100)

Reasonable for an average nice bike is splitting the difference between Retail and Trade-in.

Average mileage for a 1993 would be in the 80,000 range.

It's seventeen years old...

I tend to be harshly realistic, when judging used bikes.

Hmm. I guess I just didn't realize how well those hold value. I suppose it kind of makes sense, since they're generally not ridden to death like a sportbike or normal cruiser is. Except for that one video of a guy riding one on the track, anyway.

Of course, they cost a lot more brand new than most other bikes, too. Something about basically being a two-wheeled car. :p

It's unbelievable how much Goldwings hold their value. I saw an old '82 or '83 that reminded me of my dad's old one, a couple years ago at Thiels' Wheels in Upper. When I inquired how much it was out of curiosity, I about fell over. IIRC, it was like $3k.... For a 25 year old bike!! :eek:

I had a 1983 GW standard (no fairings) about 5 years ago. It had 9000 miles when I first got it. Bought it for $3000, rode it about 8000 miles, and 2 years later sold it for $3200. --- Lots of Honda non-sport bikes seem to hold value very well.