F***! Help!

Ryan_c_F

It wouldn't start. :p

Next time you try to start it and it won't... LIGHTLY tap the starter case with a ball-peen hammer. Not a 'tell-all' by any means' date=' btw. I just like telling people to hit their shit with hammers.[/quote']

bahahaha

SpeedIn 1983, Cycle magazine reported that Jay Pee-Wee Gleason made a 10.92 second, 124.82 mph (200.88 km/h) quarter-mile run with a V65 Magna, which had the same engine as the V65 Sabre.

The V65 Magna appeared for several years in the Guinness book of world records as the "fastest production motorcycle" with a calculated (but not real) top speed of over 160 mph (260 km/h).

According to Honda: "the mighty V65 Sabre could launch from a standstill to 50 miles per hour in just 2.31 seconds!"

SpeedIn 1983, Cycle magazine reported that Jay Pee-Wee Gleason made a 10.92 second, 124.82 mph (200.88 km/h) quarter-mile run with a V65 Magna, which had the same engine as the V65 Sabre.

The V65 Magna appeared for several years in the Guinness book of world records as the "fastest production motorcycle" with a calculated (but not real) top speed of over 160 mph (260 km/h).

According to Honda: "the mighty V65 Sabre could launch from a standstill to 50 miles per hour in just 2.31 seconds!"

Yar, the v65's were fairly serious muscle-bikes in their day.

I agree, tap the starter and see if it kicks over. If that fixes it, then you need a new starter.

Yar, the v65's were fairly serious muscle-bikes in their day.

I agree, tap the starter and see if it kicks over. If that fixes it, then you need a new starter.

Seriously, tap the starter, LIGHTLY as these other clowns have said. If that doesn't get it spinning, and you have battery voltage to the started when the button is pressed, you need a starter. If you don't have voltage there, you need to test the starter relay.

What do you mean by good headlights? Do they stay on bright when you thumb the starter or do they dim/turn off when you try to start?

Like :stfu: he's got all the help he needs...

:lol: If the battery was weak, he probably would have heard some noise from the starter, or starter relay. If it was strong enough to push start, it likely would have made some noise.

On the V65's the issues are as follows:

1) Battery (if it is the battery test the charging system)

2) Kill Switch

3) Starter Solenoid

4) wiring harness that plugs into the Solenoid

5) Starter

Now you need a multimeter and a service manual to test the components. What is the voltage when you starter button? What is the voltage when the bike isn't running? What is the voltage at 5k with the bike running?

If it is the starter there is a guy selling rebuild kits on ebay. If you need help hit me up in a pm with a phone #!

On the V65's the issues are as follows:

1) Battery (if it is the battery test the charging system)

2) Kill Switch

3) Starter Solenoid

4) wiring harness that plugs into the Solenoid

5) Starter

Now you need a multimeter and a service manual to test the components. What is the voltage when you starter button? What is the voltage when the bike isn't running? What is the voltage at 5k with the bike running?

If it is the starter there is a guy selling rebuild kits on ebay. If you need help hit me up in a pm with a phone #!

The first gen VF's are also seeing some of the starter switches failing, from what I've run across on the vfr sites. I'm getting to know these bikes TOO well, especially the 500! :)

Like :stfu: he's got all the help he needs...

:lol: If the battery was weak, he probably would have heard some noise from the starter, or starter relay. If it was strong enough to push start, it likely would have made some noise.

Battery could be perfect but if the starter switch is bad, then of course it will push start and won't make any noise while trying to start.