Help w/ Cleaning Windscreen

chesspatzer

I went over a freshly renovated road. It didn't look like tar but kind of an asphalt. Anyway, now I've got dozens of little spots (the size of a grain of sand) all over my windscreen. It appears to be some kind of tar. If I really press hard with my wet, soapy fingernail and go over it about 10-15 times, it will come off. Anyone know of a better way? Maybe a stronger soap or some kind of a soft scraper? With the large number of those little ittty-bitty spots, my fingers and fingernails are worn out.

Thanks

Goo gone wd40 bug n tar remover

I wouldn't advise "goo gone". I used it to remove the goo from a sticker I pull off on my wife's windscreen

but it caused that spot to cloud up and no matter what I try I can't get the cloudyness to go away,

so I just covered it up with a OR sticker!

Original Honda polish and use a basic kitchen net type dish sponge. Its not abrasive enuff to scratch, but has enuff "edge" to work off the gunky stuff.

Spray a layer of the polish on the problem spot and elbow grease the gunk off. It helps if the sponge is a tic damp too.

Edited by mello dude