Nasty bike accident on 36/37 @ South Old State (3mi west of I-71)

Scruit

Just passed this in the cleanup stages. The front of the bike has damages that appear to match the damage to the passenger-side door of a large black SUV (Durango or similar). Appears that the bike was heading east on 36/37 and the durango turned left from westbound 36/37 to southbound South Old State road.

The bike is a cruiser with a black front fairing. The driver of the durango would have been looking into the sun and will probably claim that in their defense. :mad:

My thoughts go to the biker. Doesn't look too good though - it's a 55mph road and the bike appears to have come to a dead stop into the side of the SUV while still upright. :(

I definitely feel for the guy simply because I had the same type of accident on April 7th of this year. I ended up with two broken ankles, broken left leg, and broken right hand. Got the classic, "I just didn't see you" excuse. What a joke right?

Here's the scoop...

Rider was at fault. 59yo male. He was riding a '97 Harley, facing northbound at the stop sign on South Old State Road, trying to make a left turn onto 36/37 to head west towards Delaware. He failed to yield to the eastbound traffic and rode right into the rear passenger door of a passing Honda Pilot SUV. His injuries were described as "Non-Incapacitating". There is no entry int he crash report for who transported him, which suggests his injuries were not enough to require an ambulance ride.

Here's the scoop...

Rider was at fault. 59yo male. He was riding a '97 Harley, facing northbound at the stop sign on South Old State Road, trying to make a left turn onto 36/37 to head west towards Delaware. He failed to yield to the eastbound traffic and rode right into the rear passenger door of a passing Honda Pilot SUV. His injuries were described as "Non-Incapacitating". There is no entry int he crash report for who transported him, which suggests his injuries were not enough to require an ambulance ride.

Huh, guess the rider "just didn't see" the SUV, strange twist.