opinions on Sig Sauer P250

scottb

Does anyone have or had a sig P250? I got to hold one in the 9MM frame at the gun place today. I liked how it fit in my hand and the 16 round mag is a plus. This sig can be converted into a 40 or 45 caliber.

The big advantage is that I shoot right handed and the wife will shoot left handed. This model has the safetyand mag release on both side sides of the frame so no problem there.

Just looking for anybody's pro's/con's on this one.

This will be my first pistol.

The retail on sig's page is $640. Gun place has this one used, with 25 rounds through it for $500.

Way over priced Scott. I have seen used ones going for 350-400. They are nice guns, I looked at them before. Guy at a gun show wanted to trrade my mini for one with a few grips and what not. They seem solid but for 500 you can buy a new xd, or glock. Both have ambi mag release, and no safety needed. If we go shoot this weekend I will bring my xd out again and let you shoot it somemore. The 250 is ok but, the price used is high.

Vances in Columbus has Sig 250s for $499 brand new listed in their monthly flier so know that they're going to make a good margin from you

XDs are listing at $399. I love my Sigs though. Never shot a 250, but I'm always skeptical of all that fancy interchangeable stuff.

I also liked the XD40 M. Not sure what the M indicates, but it was nice also.

Differences between the XD and XDM:

- Match grade barrel on the M

- The M's have interchangeable back straps; change them out to fit your hand

- The M's have a different pattern on the grip

- Higher capacity in the M magazines

- The M's have a different trigger system (they call it "minimal reset trigger", or MRT), supposed to be better on follow-up shots

- .40 & .45 M's have a 4.5" barrel, the XD is available in 3" sub compact (9mm and .40), 4" (compact, service, tactical) in 9mm, .40, .357, and .45 ACP/GAP, and 5" in 9mm, .40, .357, and .45

Both the XD and XDM have:

- Grip safety

- Trigger safety

- Striker status indicator

- Loaded chamber indicator

I have the XD in 9mm and .45 ACP, the .45 has a thumb safety, both very reliable and accurate.

buy a glock...you won't be sorry.....all kind of toys and holsters too. i had always carried my 1911...until i got my glock in a trade...the gun shoots dead nuts every time and has never jammed...just my 2 cents. i have only carried my 1911 maybe once or twice since the trade.

SIG> XD. Now dont get me wrong, Springfield is good stuff but there is a reason most LE/MI groups use SIGs. However dont go by what I say or others say on the interwebs. Handle the weapon as much as possible, shoot the EXACT model if possible. Its all about comfort to the shooter and not is brand X better than brand Y, you are more likely to enjoy shooting more if the gun feels right in your hands.

Have shot both in 9mm ... both are as accurate as you can shoot them. Like what was said previously, if it doesn't fit your hand, you won't shoot for shit no matter the name on the gun or the price of it.

If you know someone that has one or can rent one and test out a holster to see how it rides on your frame, could make the final decision for you.

Although heavier than the polymer pistols, I love my Sig P239. Like the way heavier pistols shoot.

SIG> XD. Now dont get me wrong, Springfield is good stuff but there is a reason most LE/MI groups use SIGs.

All of the LEOs I know and most all the ones I have come into contact with carry M&Ps. usually a 40. Just saying is all.