Strange Change of Noise (08 Yamaha R6)

Decimation

So, this happened about a month and a half ago before I got out of the military and came back to Ohio. I was riding down some boring road in South Carolina when my low fuel light surprised me (as usual) and came on. Subsequently, the engine started making a "throaty" sound, much different from the typical engine noises. I figured maybe it was because the tank was almost empty, and the hollow space was making a weird echo. Well, I filled up and started the bike and it was still making the same noise. I THINK I have a little bit of torque loss in 1st and 2nd gear, but I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid.

tl;dr 2008 Yamaha R6 engine putting out a throatier than normal sound. It doesn't have that slightly high-pitched whine and rumble that it normally has.

Any ideas?

Yeep, low fuel light probably a coincidence. Check and record codes, reset computer by disconnecting battery. Test ride and check codes again. If problem still exists, fix code errors. If no code errors, panic.

If my engine changed sound, I think I'd look at the air filter first.

just call pauly, unless you really like your current mechanic.

ducrx.com for contact details. he's basically the only reasons any of my vehicles run.

Well, I've never done anything with fluids on a motorcycle. I'm not even entirely sure I have the tools for the job.

You literally need two wrenches to change ALL the fluids, unless you need to change the turn signal and headlight fluid as well, those require some specialized items.

You literally need two wrenches to change ALL the fluids, unless you need to change the turn signal and headlight fluid as well, those require some specialized items.

DERP DERP HURRRR

Im not that stupid, my friend.