For the Obama fans.

MidgetTodd

Received this in an email, figured it would be good for a discussion. And to get a rise out of JRM :)

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is no different than

"The danger to America is not George W Bush, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Bush presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Bush, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a George W Bush, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

hollow insults with no real content.

Edited by magley64

"The danger to America is not <fill in the blank of someone who has political views different than yours (name1)> but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the <position held (position1)>. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an <name1><position1> than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their <position1>. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. <name1>, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a <name1>, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their <position1>."

Funny how that's ALL true no matter whos name and position you put in there since it lacks any substance or fact - merely generalities. :cheers:

Edit: Looks like Magz beat me to it. But I didn't want to put GWB in there because all the people who still use that as a political crutch as they sarcastically say: "It's Bush's fault" If they only knew how misplaced their sarcasm really is.

History - learn it.

Edited by JRMMiii

I think I've had too much coffee today. This popped into my head when I read the first post, so I just had to do it:

"The danger to the Republic is not Senator Palpatine but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Chancellorship. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Senator Palpatine Chancellorship than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their Chancellor. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Senator Palpatine, who is a mere symptom of what ails the Republic. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Palpatine, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their Chancellor."

~Senator Jar Jar Binks, Chommell Sector

:D